View Single Post
enklined
05-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Alright, back home now. Had some time to reflect back on the show...

It was badass :)

MJK kind of pissed me off - like the guy above me said, i got a vibe like he didnt even care. if he wasn't feeling well, and that was the reason for not singing the last 1/3 or so of schism before he walked off, he should have said something. the mic is right in front of him. (note: the asshole motherfucker who rushed the stage did so AFTER schism).

As far as what happened during wings, i dont think maynard stopped because of the guy. when the guy ran up, he was still singing. but then the crowd started cheering loudly, as if to egg the guy on...this is when MJK stopped. Probably dissappointed - especially given the song in which this incident occurred.

Second time seeing Right in Two (first was in oakland). Song just rips live! its great on the album, but live...WOW. How about that bass, too? Shook me like crazy, it was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preveeshat View Post
So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!)
im curious, where did you sit? i was in the back 4 rows from the floor, and the sound was so awesome, i couldnt believe it. best ive ever heard at any concert, ever, including a couple tool shows in oakland and LA.

Quote:
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...
are you talking about Rum Bullion, inside the silver legecy (Captain Morgan statue in front)? if so, yea, i was there. that was awesome. dude was playing tool and apc all night, and ESPN was replaying the last suns/LA bryants game. alcohol, tool/apc, and watching the lakers get taken out...? Good times.

Oh to the dude i met from Oregon at the blackjack table at silver legecy a couple hours before the show - it was cool hangin with you at the table, chattin it up a bit.

Did anyone happen to grab an official setlist? Curious as to what was actually scheduled.

Closing thoughts: Wow, i feel...empty. After ever Tool show, i always have this sinking feeling, like I'm alone. I always wonder if thats gonna be the last show I get to see. It sucks that its over. Tool is the shit.
Money can buy a lot of things...for everything else, there's Tool.

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Alright, back home now. Had some time to reflect back on the show...

It was badass :)

MJK kind of pissed me off - like the guy above me said, i got a vibe like he didnt even care. if he wasn't feeling well, and that was the reason for not singing the last 1/3 or so of schism before he walked off, he should have said something. the mic is right in front of him. (note: the asshole motherfucker who rushed the stage did so AFTER schism).

As far as what happened during wings, i dont think maynard stopped because of the guy. when the guy ran up, he was still singing. but then the crowd started cheering loudly, as if to egg the guy on...this is when MJK stopped. Probably dissappointed - especially given the song in which this incident occurred.

Second time seeing Right in Two (first was in oakland). Song just rips live! its great on the album, but live...WOW. How about that bass, too? Shook me like crazy, it was great!

Quote:
So, even through the TERRIBLE SOUND (yes, it was awful, there was so much buzzing!!)
im curious, where did you sit? i was in the back 4 rows from the floor, and the sound was so awesome, i couldnt believe it. best ive ever heard at any concert, ever, including a couple tool shows in oakland and LA.

Quote:
And hey, did anyone else have such a fun time going to the weird cabana bar that was down the street where the DJ played TOOL for the rest of the night? yeah, what gets better than that...
are you talking about Rum Bullion, inside the silver legecy (Captain Morgan statue in front)? if so, yea, i was there. that was awesome. dude was playing tool and apc all night, and ESPN was replaying the last suns/LA bryants game. alcohol, tool/apc, and watching the lakers get taken out...? Good times.

Oh to the dude i met from Oregon at the blackjack table at silver legecy a couple hours before the show - it was cool hangin with you at the table, chattin it up a bit.

Did anyone happen to grab an official setlist? Curious as to what was actually scheduled.

Closing thoughts: Wow, i feel...empty. After ever Tool show, i always have this sinking feeling, like I'm alone. I always wonder if thats gonna be the last show I get to see. It sucks that its over. Tool is the shit.
Money can buy a lot of things...for everything else, there's Tool.

Last edited by enklined; 05-01-2007 at 02:05 PM..
OFFLINE |