View Single Post
blp
05-01-2007, 07:28 AM

My 7th, probably the best sounding show I've seen. I was really impressed with that venue, perfect size, we were row 19 center, which was pretty perfect to be able to see a lot of the big picture effects too. When I went to Marysville in Sept., the visuals weren't nearly the same as last night because it was outside, but the effect of the lasers and smoke/clouds during Wings/10kdays and lateralus was just insane. I don't care who you are or what kind of music you listen to, the experience I had last night would be enjoyed by anyone unless they were both blind and deaf. Amazing..

I concur with someone else who said they might not be into optimal shape right now, but really that is just M not being able to (or not willing to?) sing his heart out. I don't know if that means "not yet" or "anymore" but regardless of his not singing every line, the band was incredible. VERY tight.

The extended part of lateralus was pretty interesting and lateralus was HUGE as always. Right in Two was also a nice addition, but no Vicarious or Aenima was unexpected, I dunno if it was the guy who jumped on stage or that they were just tired or out of time or something, but they stopped after lateralus. Not one word from M all night, so maybe he was a bit sick or something??

I thought Kinski was pretty good... No vocals, but they had thick grooves and played hard..

I just gotta say that even though we didn't get screams and big huge lyrics, it was just an incredible show overall. Probably the most fun I've had at any of the 7 shows I've seen. Can't say enough about their live performance, it will go down as being one of the best live tours ever played in my opinion. No one surpasses Tool live, it's the best live music experience out there, and probably by a long shot.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 AM   #10
blp
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

My 7th, probably the best sounding show I've seen. I was really impressed with that venue, perfect size, we were row 19 center, which was pretty perfect to be able to see a lot of the big picture effects too. When I went to Marysville in Sept., the visuals weren't nearly the same as last night because it was outside, but the effect of the lasers and smoke/clouds during Wings/10kdays and lateralus was just insane. I don't care who you are or what kind of music you listen to, the experience I had last night would be enjoyed by anyone unless they were both blind and deaf. Amazing..

I concur with someone else who said they might not be into optimal shape right now, but really that is just M not being able to (or not willing to?) sing his heart out. I don't know if that means "not yet" or "anymore" but regardless of his not singing every line, the band was incredible. VERY tight.

The extended part of lateralus was pretty interesting and lateralus was HUGE as always. Right in Two was also a nice addition, but no Vicarious or Aenima was unexpected, I dunno if it was the guy who jumped on stage or that they were just tired or out of time or something, but they stopped after lateralus. Not one word from M all night, so maybe he was a bit sick or something??

I thought Kinski was pretty good... No vocals, but they had thick grooves and played hard..

I just gotta say that even though we didn't get screams and big huge lyrics, it was just an incredible show overall. Probably the most fun I've had at any of the 7 shows I've seen. Can't say enough about their live performance, it will go down as being one of the best live tours ever played in my opinion. No one surpasses Tool live, it's the best live music experience out there, and probably by a long shot.
OFFLINE |