View Single Post
FlpFlpsnsox
04-28-2007, 07:21 AM

For those who want a thorough posting I'll try my best but some of the details are a little blurry...

Tool did not have an opening band and I doubt they will for the rest of the upcoming dates. An opener would have probobly got people into their seats a bit faster. Tool didn't go on until about 9:00.

The Pearl was pretty impressive. I was thinking I would be a little underwhelmed with the venue but was actually very impressed. The views are all good. I was in the third to last row and still had a great seat. The sound was great too. The guy next to me went to get a beer part way through and he said the sound was even better just a bit lower but like I said the sound was great.

Maynard wore jeans and the cowbay hat as usual with the mowhawk. He had a black Tshirt on instead of going shirtless and I think it was just plain black. Adam and Justin wore all black and Danny had on shorts and a jersey as usual.

When they started out with Jambi I thaught they might change up the setlist a bit but as you have seen from other postings they basically just switched up the order from previous shows. The only addition I have to the setlist was that they played Lost Keys before Rosetta.

The stage setup was a cross between the mini warmup tour and the big arena stage setup. There were four screens behind Maynard and Danny with two side screens because they are attached to the walls of the Pearl. The floor was white and images were projected onto the stage. There was a big tapestry with artwork that went up to the cieling behind the screens and the big circular rings of lights hung from the cieling. A pretty bad-ass stage set if you ask me. I like the combination of the bigger screens with the white floor and of course the green lasers were pretty awesome. The clouds in the laser beams when they played Wings was fucking great. You might be like 'how cool can lasers with clouds in them be? But you really have to see it in person, it was fucking unreal.

The images on the screens were new or atleat there were some additions since the last section of the tour. Images seemed a little tighter and more about colors and a bit less 'graphic' imagery.

Jambi was a good first song. The best opener ever was when they played Lost keys and Rosetta first when I saw them in Seattle.

Maynard didn't talk much but seemed to be in a great mood. I think it was after Jambi he said something about being here for live music and that it was unpredictable or something like that. I think that got the crowd excited for something different but like I said the setlist was basically the same. Maynard also said something about 'a certain drummers arm' and somewhere around sober he asked Danny how the arm was holding up and Danny hung his limp arm at his side, kinda funny. Maynard introduced John from System of A Down before the 'Drum Battle' between him and Danny. Then at the end Maynard said 'see ya tomorrow'. He probobly said a couple other things that I can't remember right off but he didn't talk much.

The break in the extended version of Stinkfist seemed to be in a bit of a different spot but I may be wrong. The sped up part in Schism was super fast. Faster than I have heard in other live performaces. Rosetta went of like a fucking bomb and was proboly the best part of the show (atleast for me since I love that song), Wings was awesome as well. First time I've heard it live and they didn't disappoint.

One last thing...if the rumors of them filming a live DVD are true I didn't see any sign of cameras. Maybe they were just filming from a distance or maybe it's just us wishful fans hopingt that they are actually going to come out with a live DVD.

The venue was great, Tool kicked ass (as always), the stage was awesome and although they didn't play Pushit, H, The Grudge, Opiate (The list could go on for ever...)The performance was still A+.

Later
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

For those who want a thorough posting I'll try my best but some of the details are a little blurry...

Tool did not have an opening band and I doubt they will for the rest of the upcoming dates. An opener would have probobly got people into their seats a bit faster. Tool didn't go on until about 9:00.

The Pearl was pretty impressive. I was thinking I would be a little underwhelmed with the venue but was actually very impressed. The views are all good. I was in the third to last row and still had a great seat. The sound was great too. The guy next to me went to get a beer part way through and he said the sound was even better just a bit lower but like I said the sound was great.

Maynard wore jeans and the cowbay hat as usual with the mowhawk. He had a black Tshirt on instead of going shirtless and I think it was just plain black. Adam and Justin wore all black and Danny had on shorts and a jersey as usual.

When they started out with Jambi I thaught they might change up the setlist a bit but as you have seen from other postings they basically just switched up the order from previous shows. The only addition I have to the setlist was that they played Lost Keys before Rosetta.

The stage setup was a cross between the mini warmup tour and the big arena stage setup. There were four screens behind Maynard and Danny with two side screens because they are attached to the walls of the Pearl. The floor was white and images were projected onto the stage. There was a big tapestry with artwork that went up to the cieling behind the screens and the big circular rings of lights hung from the cieling. A pretty bad-ass stage set if you ask me. I like the combination of the bigger screens with the white floor and of course the green lasers were pretty awesome. The clouds in the laser beams when they played Wings was fucking great. You might be like 'how cool can lasers with clouds in them be? But you really have to see it in person, it was fucking unreal.

The images on the screens were new or atleat there were some additions since the last section of the tour. Images seemed a little tighter and more about colors and a bit less 'graphic' imagery.

Jambi was a good first song. The best opener ever was when they played Lost keys and Rosetta first when I saw them in Seattle.

Maynard didn't talk much but seemed to be in a great mood. I think it was after Jambi he said something about being here for live music and that it was unpredictable or something like that. I think that got the crowd excited for something different but like I said the setlist was basically the same. Maynard also said something about 'a certain drummers arm' and somewhere around sober he asked Danny how the arm was holding up and Danny hung his limp arm at his side, kinda funny. Maynard introduced John from System of A Down before the 'Drum Battle' between him and Danny. Then at the end Maynard said 'see ya tomorrow'. He probobly said a couple other things that I can't remember right off but he didn't talk much.

The break in the extended version of Stinkfist seemed to be in a bit of a different spot but I may be wrong. The sped up part in Schism was super fast. Faster than I have heard in other live performaces. Rosetta went of like a fucking bomb and was proboly the best part of the show (atleast for me since I love that song), Wings was awesome as well. First time I've heard it live and they didn't disappoint.

One last thing...if the rumors of them filming a live DVD are true I didn't see any sign of cameras. Maybe they were just filming from a distance or maybe it's just us wishful fans hopingt that they are actually going to come out with a live DVD.

The venue was great, Tool kicked ass (as always), the stage was awesome and although they didn't play Pushit, H, The Grudge, Opiate (The list could go on for ever...)The performance was still A+.

Later
OFFLINE |