View Single Post
UndertowCon46
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHalo View Post
fucking bullshit. This is the 3rd time in Vegas in a year and if you had seen them 3 times with the same setlist, then I doubt that you wouldn't care for them to mix it up
Right on man... Tool is still putting on great shows, and I'm sure if this is your first show you're gonna be pumped about it. But for us guys that are following them all tour, this is their weakest job ever. Zero variety. I absolutely hate to talk about this but everyone who has seen them before 10,000 days can confirm this... Maynard can't sing anymore. Not like he used to anyway. No yells. Ever. Sometimes he won't even sing "hard" stuff like the weak ending to Vicarious. Keep in mind when I say weak I mean comparred to lets say.... 30 second yell in The Grudge. He apparently struggled to sing Lateralus tonight and the crowd helped?! Struggled where, there aren't any challenging vocal parts in that song. Before I get bashed, understand I'm a huge fan... This is just discussing the cold hard truth of why there has been and will be no variety on this tour. Forget about the Grudge, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, ect ect ect. Hell, they aren't even going to play Parabola, you know, that song that was only a HIT SINGLE of their last album (vocally challenging). They're playing all their singles and radio songs, yet Parabola is mysteriously absent... gee wonder why. I'm telling you guys, that is why the set is as it is.

Just thought of a counter argument somebody might throw, yeah I know they played Opiate this tour. We both want, to RAPE YOU was Maynard practically speaking the line and an effect enhancing its length, ie: simulated yell.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 04-28-2007 at 12:36 AM..
Old 04-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHalo View Post
fucking bullshit. This is the 3rd time in Vegas in a year and if you had seen them 3 times with the same setlist, then I doubt that you wouldn't care for them to mix it up
Right on man... Tool is still putting on great shows, and I'm sure if this is your first show you're gonna be pumped about it. But for us guys that are following them all tour, this is their weakest job ever. Zero variety. I absolutely hate to talk about this but everyone who has seen them before 10,000 days can confirm this... Maynard can't sing anymore. Not like he used to anyway. No yells. Ever. Sometimes he won't even sing "hard" stuff like the weak ending to Vicarious. Keep in mind when I say weak I mean comparred to lets say.... 30 second yell in The Grudge. He apparently struggled to sing Lateralus tonight and the crowd helped?! Struggled where, there aren't any challenging vocal parts in that song. Before I get bashed, understand I'm a huge fan... This is just discussing the cold hard truth of why there has been and will be no variety on this tour. Forget about the Grudge, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, ect ect ect. Hell, they aren't even going to play Parabola, you know, that song that was only a HIT SINGLE of their last album (vocally challenging). They're playing all their singles and radio songs, yet Parabola is mysteriously absent... gee wonder why. I'm telling you guys, that is why the set is as it is.

Just thought of a counter argument somebody might throw, yeah I know they played Opiate this tour. We both want, to RAPE YOU was Maynard practically speaking the line and an effect enhancing its length, ie: simulated yell.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 04-28-2007 at 12:36 AM..
OFFLINE |