View Single Post
filosofy
04-27-2007, 11:46 PM

This was my third TOOL show, first review. I saw them last September at the Hard Rock parking lot and in 2002 at the Thomas & Mack.

I was sitting on the top shelf, middle of the balcony, second row, seat 25.

The sound from up there was the best I've heard anywhere. At the Thomas & Mack I was up front, so after Tomahawk, my ears were useless after about three TOOL songs .

I was struck by how well they transition between songs. They flowed together so well. If I had a ticket tomorrow and it was the same fucking setlist, I don't I would care.

The energy during and after the show was great except for the people who wouldn't stop screaming during Wings.

That drum jam during Lateralus was the shit. John who?

This was the first time I was really able to get the visual experience. The lasers came to my feet during that whole latticework thing. The geometry on the monitors was awesome. A fucking box of eye/ear/nose (provided by the audience) candy.

The light show was fucking awesome. At the Theater Under The Stars they didn't have the tapestry above the band, or the lasers. I think it was a Comfort Inn sign, or something, instead. Add the cabs driving by and the planes coming in, and it was nothing like tonight's show.

First time I'd really been able to hear a Tool show this well. This venue sounded incredible. I was on the aisle, which was a mixed blessing, but I had no one on my left. About three songs in the big dude on my right took his girl somewhere, so I had my own little space. It was fucking, yeah.

I have to be up in five hours, so I'll finish tomorrow.

edit: THANKS ONE, FOR THE TICKET.

They played extended Schism, unextended Stinkfist.

edit again: to everyone whining about the setlist - stay home and listen to your iPod.

Last edited by filosofy; 04-27-2007 at 11:52 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

This was my third TOOL show, first review. I saw them last September at the Hard Rock parking lot and in 2002 at the Thomas & Mack.

I was sitting on the top shelf, middle of the balcony, second row, seat 25.

The sound from up there was the best I've heard anywhere. At the Thomas & Mack I was up front, so after Tomahawk, my ears were useless after about three TOOL songs .

I was struck by how well they transition between songs. They flowed together so well. If I had a ticket tomorrow and it was the same fucking setlist, I don't I would care.

The energy during and after the show was great except for the people who wouldn't stop screaming during Wings.

That drum jam during Lateralus was the shit. John who?

This was the first time I was really able to get the visual experience. The lasers came to my feet during that whole latticework thing. The geometry on the monitors was awesome. A fucking box of eye/ear/nose (provided by the audience) candy.

The light show was fucking awesome. At the Theater Under The Stars they didn't have the tapestry above the band, or the lasers. I think it was a Comfort Inn sign, or something, instead. Add the cabs driving by and the planes coming in, and it was nothing like tonight's show.

First time I'd really been able to hear a Tool show this well. This venue sounded incredible. I was on the aisle, which was a mixed blessing, but I had no one on my left. About three songs in the big dude on my right took his girl somewhere, so I had my own little space. It was fucking, yeah.

I have to be up in five hours, so I'll finish tomorrow.

edit: THANKS ONE, FOR THE TICKET.

They played extended Schism, unextended Stinkfist.

edit again: to everyone whining about the setlist - stay home and listen to your iPod.

Last edited by filosofy; 04-27-2007 at 11:52 PM..
OFFLINE |