View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hym View Post
They don't sound anything like TOOL. They actually have harmony and their music has depth unlike TOOL's. They also have original lyrics. I am a TOOL fan but the amount of shit I've heard when people talk about ISIS is unbelievable. It's the same as when someone listens to a few TOOL songs and says they're too long/wierd or any other annoying thing people say before delving into the music properly. ISIS have created their own sound taking elements from bands like Godflesh, not TOOL. They aren't a knock-off in the slightest. Also, before anyone talks shit, TOOL have been my favourite band since I was 11, and I can actually look objectively at ISIS and see that from a musical stand point they annihilate TOOL. Give them a proper chance, unless you don't understand the mission of ambient music and would rather listen to regressive progressive rock.

</rant>

IMHO, Adam and Justin create more depth and texture with one guitar and one bass than ISIS does with 3 guitarists and a bass. More sound doesn't mean more depth or texture. Adam and Justin are incredible because they can do more with less. I've now seen ISIS 3 times this year before Tool shows, and while I think they are a solid band, Tool is much much better in every respect. Annhilate Tool musically?...maybe you should rethink that...
OFFLINE |