View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

4th Tool show in 9 years, 2nd of this tour and probably one of the best. There seemed to be too many empty seats but overall the crowd was loud as hell. Perfect seats, couldn't have been much better, section 218 row c. Close enough to see which drum heads Danny was hitting, Maynards facial expressions, plus Adams & Justins fretting, perfect visuals from looking onto the stage, no obstuctions whatsoever. Sound wasn't bad at all from where i was sitting, 40ft away directly infront of a speaker columns the louder the better when it comes to Tool.

Security was tight, but there is always ways around that. A little after Tool went on they backed off and didn't pay too much attention. Joint smoking went as planned, and definatly elevated the show for me and my surrounding seats. Honestly every Tool show i've been to has (for the most part) very respectful people, just in the way people help eachother out to make the show as good as possible. You know what i'm talking about, what goes around comes around.

The only complaint I can think of was the setlist; every song was very solid and tight as always, with barely any mistakes. But one of my biggest hopes for this show was that they were gonna change up at least one song. Durring the bands break b4 "vicarious" all 4 members sat down center stage listening to the screaming crowd, and conversing with eachother. It just seemed like they were thinking "hmm whats the sickest song we can play to make everyone at this crappy venue's heads explode?", it didn't happen. Great show overall but the cards just didn't fall for hardcore Tool fans. Maby next time...
OFFLINE |