View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

I saw Nine Inch Nails here last November. Just drove up, no parking fee, walked right in, no security, general admission, no problems. Tonight the security was tighter than at any airport. The line to get in was huge with everyone being searched one at a time. They were even searching women’s hair!? The guy in front of me wasn’t allowed to being his walled in because it had a chain attached. Am I missing something? Was there some horribly violent crime here in the last year?

Isis had a good sound, but the vocals didn’t exist. Basically just background filler. Some semi drunk fat neck guy came in 15 seconds before they ended, started yelling “WOOOOOOOOO!!” then left the second they ended. He stayed for maybe the first 2 Tool songs and then was gone the rest of the show. No idea what goes on with some people.

The music before Tool drifted into someone reading schematics for what sounded like a robot. Incredibly bizarre.
Tool was amazing except for the CB style vocals of Rosetta in the beginning. Even Maynard motioned a few times to turn it up.
They only thing he said was for everyone to say “four” in the beginning and “goodbye” at the start of Aenima.
Security was insane and I wouldn’t want to go back there again without GA. Even though a woman next to me somehow got her camera in.
OFFLINE |