View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

This was my first Tool show, and I was not disappointed. The band was so tight.

Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty-Six&2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days

--break--

Lateralus
Vicarious (w/ intro)
Aenema

ISIS were okay. I enjoyed a few of their songs, but I wasn't hugely impressed by them.

Security at the show was tight as hell, so I was unable to get any pictures of the show. I really wanted to take a few shots of the light show, because it was very awesome. But, the important thing is...

TOOL FUCKING KICKED ASS. This show was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to. As I said above, the band was SO tight, and they sounded amazing. Maynard talked a bit with the audience at times, too, which was cool. The best songs of the show for me were Wings/10,000 Days and Lateralus. I had GREAT seats for the show, and no one was blocking my view (I'm only 5'2"), which I was happy about.

The only thing about the show I didn't like didn't have a thing to do with the band. A bunch of people in the seats in front of me were smoking pot practically the whole show. Now, I have nothing against other people smoking weed, but I myself do not. My problem here was that every time they would blow the smoke, it would drift right into my face (and I hate the smell of pot smoke). After a while I just decided I had to deal with it.

I noticed during one of the songs (I can't remember which, though) that Justin was tapping the strings of his bass with a bottle. Pretty cool.
OFFLINE |