View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

Without a doubt, TOOL fucking rocked the house tonight...

Cruised up from Harrisburg to catch the show tonight, the venue was easy access off 81 for sure, getting in there was a piece of cake, just under 2 hours...

Got inside at about 7:45 or so... I was seated about center ice, row N, sec. 117, seat 9... thanks to my brother for grabbing us tickets and to our good friends for coming along, who finally got to see what TOOL is about...

I think the pre-concert background music was the worst shit I have ever heard at any show, both before ISIS and TOOL. Speaking of ISIS, well I wasn't too impressed. Way too many strings up there and the only one that sounded good was the keyboardist when he grabbed the guitar. I couldn't even hear the keys anyway with all of the noise everyone with strings was making. I guess they have potential but I think there's too many of them just hitting a few notes and chords and jumping around a little too much. I heard them. I saw them. I wasn't impressed. I could hardly wait till it was over actually. But I think a lot of that is because I was really only there for TOOL.

So they came out with Stinkfist, it was great to see all of them up there again after so long. I thought the sound was a little off for Stinkfist and was hoping they would get it better, maybe it was just the venue making the sound a little distorted and it wasn't too easy to hear Maynard almost half of the time...

Having the Pot second kicked major ass, Stinkfist was awesome in spite of the sound, but the Pot was off the hook. So was Danny, the whole freaking show, man, un-fucking-believeable how much he rips that shit up... Several times during the night it was like thousands of machine guns going off all at once, and just trails from his arms... The Pot is fucking awesome live... Someone said earlier about the new album sounding much better live, definitely have to agree with that...

46&2 sounded great, probably better than stinkfist... Some of the songs tonight definitely sounded cleaner and less distorted, the sound wasn't totally fucked the entire night... Seems like they just need to get the mixing down a little better on the soundboard for some of the newer stuff... Lateralus probably sounded about the best, but there were a few others that were clean sounding also... I just forget at the moment... Danny again on 46 & 2, fucking awesome...

Jambi isn't one of my favorites, it's always great to hear something I haven't heard them play before but I would have rather heard Right In Two... And the sound was a little rough for it too I think... But they still nailed it, the whole band sounded great, the sound people just didn't have it together as good.

I always like hearing Schism but it wasn't one of my favorite performances of it at all. The new jam is pretty awesome, and Danny is on fire at the end of that little part also, but the song just didn't have the energy it had during Lateralus tour.

Lost Keys into Rosetta Stoned, holy fucking shit! That got right on top of me for sure, and it sounded better live than I thought it would. It's still annoying trying to hear Maynard make out words in the beginning, but after that I think the song is fucking off the hook... And the video was pretty sweet also, especially towards the end when they started flashing all of the different images...

Wings and 10,000 days also sounded pretty good I thought, they played them both great... The support from the crowd at the end was really good to see too, I thought there was a lot of noise being made and you could tell everyone in the band except for maybe Maynard appreciated it...

Lateralus definitely sounded great... So did Vicarious... Anema didn't sound as clean but it was fucking fun.... Lateralus was more fun though..

Overall, I was really impressed with the performance of the band. I thought the sound crew could have done better. Lateralus tour had much more variety of eye candy and props and freaky people hanging and swinging and crazy shit all over the place, the alex grey art dropping down and everything else made that one way more enjoyable to view I believe. I was expecting a lot more out of them I guess for the visuals and props, but maybe they'll do more in the Spring.

Still, without a doubt, TOOL fucking rocked the house tonight... Holy fucking shit, it was awesome.

Last edited by pisceandelusions; 10-02-2006 at 10:53 PM..
OFFLINE |