46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

The new album is much better in person than on the album itself. The Pot got everyone going (and quite a few people blazing). Jambi was electrifying. Vicarious was just amazing. I'd read the threads here so I knew what to expect as far as a set list, but the show still impressed.

The best songs for me were Stinkfist, Jambi, Schism, and Aenema. Maynard didn't hit the higher notes during the intro to The Pot, which was a little disappointing. Every song was good though. The crowd stayed on their feet for the most part. I think my section was the only one that sat down at all. I was one of maybe 10 people standing in section 110 the whole show. It got pretty mellow during Wings/10000 Days.

Security wasn't as tight as other shows I've read about, but they got all over you if you had a lighter lit for longer than it takes to light a cig. I saw a bunch of people getting busted during 10000 Days. At the end of the song, though, the place came alive with lighters, and I had my Zippo lit for a good 5 minutes with no harassment. They seemed to give up with busting people once that song ended and until Lateralus started.

I have to say the audio wasn't the greatest. If you didn't already know all the songs, you wouldn't get a single word of the lyrics, or even know there were lyrics at times. Even being a Tool fan since Undertow, I had trouble. It was plenty loud but the mixing could've use a few tweaks.

The opening act, Isis, was OK, but I'm not about to buy any of their albums. They came across as an instrumental Tool knockoff. I didn't see anybody at all stand during their performance.

Tool themself played from about 9:00 to 10:45. Maynard word his cowboy boots and hat. He rarely left the left-center of the stage, but he was animated.

Overall, worth every penny I spent. The 8 beers I slammed while getting ready and in the parking lot were plenty, but I bought a Molson Light for $4.75 just so I'd have something to drink inside the arena. Traffic was no problem at all. I got right in to the lot around 7:30 and got out within 5 minutes once I made it back to the car after the lights came on.

Thank you, Tool, for coming to Wilkes-Barre.
OFFLINE |