View Single Post
transcend187's Avatar transcend187
10-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Soooo an old thread was dredged up, way to go wadermaxx. But since I've been doing a lot of digital audio work lately, I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Logic.

For the creative end of things, if you want recording ability, I think it's a hands-down winner. With its object-oriented "Environment," Logic allows for unsurpassed creative manipulation of signal flow in MIDI sequencing. The basic interface is intuitive and fluid (though 'The Environment' takes some getting used to), and the out-of-the-box software instruments and DSP options are incredible. Plus, the 64-bit engine in Logic 9 is blazing fast. It's quite a solid professional-level tool for recording and mixing, too. It doesn't really compare to ProTools on that side of things, but a ProTools system can cost upwards of $10,000 once you get the Avid-supported hardware, whereas Logic runs native on Intel Macs and supports a plethora of PCIe, USB and FireWire audio interfaces for any budget.

Last edited by transcend187; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439
Re: Opinions on music software

Soooo an old thread was dredged up, way to go wadermaxx. But since I've been doing a lot of digital audio work lately, I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Logic.

For the creative end of things, if you want recording ability, I think it's a hands-down winner. With its object-oriented "Environment," Logic allows for unsurpassed creative manipulation of signal flow in MIDI sequencing. The basic interface is intuitive and fluid (though 'The Environment' takes some getting used to), and the out-of-the-box software instruments and DSP options are incredible. Plus, the 64-bit engine in Logic 9 is blazing fast. It's quite a solid professional-level tool for recording and mixing, too. It doesn't really compare to ProTools on that side of things, but a ProTools system can cost upwards of $10,000 once you get the Avid-supported hardware, whereas Logic runs native on Intel Macs and supports a plethora of PCIe, USB and FireWire audio interfaces for any budget.

Last edited by transcend187; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote