View Single Post
Aware
02-12-2011, 09:17 PM

This was my first time seeing Tool and I had a great time. I was smiling all the way home on the train. My version of the set list:

Jambi
Flood
The Pot
Vicarious
Lateralus (extended)
The Patient
Schism
Aenema
Stinkfist

Justin got the crowd going before Lateralus by clapping to the beat of Adam's intro riff just before he started. I really wanted them to play this song so it got me pumped.

Near the end of the extended part of Lateralus, Maynard held up two sheets of paper which I think had '62' written on them and pointed them at Danny after he did a pretty long solo. Does anyone know what that meant?

Around Schism Maynard said that they were just going to keep playing until they were told to stop. I think they started a bit later than they should have after Rammstein but they finished about 10:30 so that was some consolation for Perth not having a side show.

The visuals were pretty impressive. They had one large screen behind the stage and two smaller ones on either side. For the songs that they have videos they played them somewhat edited I think and the rest was stuff I haven't seen before. There was a nice laser setup too.

I don't know if it was just me, but was the sound extremely muddy for everyone else? There were sections that were so bad it was just like a loud drone.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

This was my first time seeing Tool and I had a great time. I was smiling all the way home on the train. My version of the set list:

Jambi
Flood
The Pot
Vicarious
Lateralus (extended)
The Patient
Schism
Aenema
Stinkfist

Justin got the crowd going before Lateralus by clapping to the beat of Adam's intro riff just before he started. I really wanted them to play this song so it got me pumped.

Near the end of the extended part of Lateralus, Maynard held up two sheets of paper which I think had '62' written on them and pointed them at Danny after he did a pretty long solo. Does anyone know what that meant?

Around Schism Maynard said that they were just going to keep playing until they were told to stop. I think they started a bit later than they should have after Rammstein but they finished about 10:30 so that was some consolation for Perth not having a side show.

The visuals were pretty impressive. They had one large screen behind the stage and two smaller ones on either side. For the songs that they have videos they played them somewhat edited I think and the rest was stuff I haven't seen before. There was a nice laser setup too.

I don't know if it was just me, but was the sound extremely muddy for everyone else? There were sections that were so bad it was just like a loud drone.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote