View Single Post
qz8rdr
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Here is my two cents worth:

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. I didn’t realize they were doing the Timothy Leary intro so I got a very pleasant surprise.

They really need to work out which version of Stinkfist they are going to play. It seemed that Danny thought it was going to be the extended mix whilst Adam and Justin just played the regular version. Of course, Danny being Danny, he was able to correct himself within a heartbeat so it probably went unnoticed by most. There were a few smiles on stage from Adam and Justin though. I think I recall someone posting that they had a similar issue in Auckland.

The intro to Lateralus seemed a little strange. I don’t know whether they are doing it differently live now or if there was just some confusion on stage.

Was quite surprised to hear the aquatic songs considering the recent events in Queensland but I am glad they played them. Although I would have preferred Intolerance to Flood. They played the full intro version of Flood on the Lateralus tour and I’ve never heard Intolerance live. Hope fully it will get played at one of the side shows or at the Melbourne BDO.

I have to agree with diabz, the mix was shit. As soon as the band got loud, Maynard’s vocals disappeared. I really am hoping that it was just the usual festival shit sound and not how it’s going to be at the side shows. Guess I will find out in about 10 ours.

The visuals were awesome although the screen behind Danny was having some issues and often went black or became pixilated. Can’t wait to see it tonight in a far better venue.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.23.11 - Big Day Out - Gold Coast

Here is my two cents worth:

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. I didn’t realize they were doing the Timothy Leary intro so I got a very pleasant surprise.

They really need to work out which version of Stinkfist they are going to play. It seemed that Danny thought it was going to be the extended mix whilst Adam and Justin just played the regular version. Of course, Danny being Danny, he was able to correct himself within a heartbeat so it probably went unnoticed by most. There were a few smiles on stage from Adam and Justin though. I think I recall someone posting that they had a similar issue in Auckland.

The intro to Lateralus seemed a little strange. I don’t know whether they are doing it differently live now or if there was just some confusion on stage.

Was quite surprised to hear the aquatic songs considering the recent events in Queensland but I am glad they played them. Although I would have preferred Intolerance to Flood. They played the full intro version of Flood on the Lateralus tour and I’ve never heard Intolerance live. Hope fully it will get played at one of the side shows or at the Melbourne BDO.

I have to agree with diabz, the mix was shit. As soon as the band got loud, Maynard’s vocals disappeared. I really am hoping that it was just the usual festival shit sound and not how it’s going to be at the side shows. Guess I will find out in about 10 ours.

The visuals were awesome although the screen behind Danny was having some issues and often went black or became pixilated. Can’t wait to see it tonight in a far better venue.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote