View Single Post
46&2oly's Avatar 46&2oly
07-24-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
Last time I used Vegas, it only had linear routing, whereas in Reaper you can do pretty much anything you want, so it's almost like an old analog synth, and you can get some really cool effects going on.

Also, Reaper has a 64-bit floating-point mix engine, and I don't think Vegas does...
I use reaper as well. It is a great platform for low cost. And you can try it out for free without any restrictions on the programs capabilities.

However, if I read the original request correctly, slyraje is looking for a drum sampler type program. Reaper does not contain a drum sample set so he would still be needing some kind of drum set.

EZ drummer is really inexpensive these days and the DFH (Drumkit from Hell) will give you heavy (Tool friendly) sounds. The are other kits available for EZ as well. Toontracks has newer programs with more complex and customizable and have more variety of kits built in but they co$t quite a bit more.

Some of the more expensive music creation programs: fruity loops, reason, etc often have drum samplers built in or may come with sampler plug ins. There are many options out there and depending on the users approach and needs there may be several that fit the bill.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #42
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
Last time I used Vegas, it only had linear routing, whereas in Reaper you can do pretty much anything you want, so it's almost like an old analog synth, and you can get some really cool effects going on.

Also, Reaper has a 64-bit floating-point mix engine, and I don't think Vegas does...
I use reaper as well. It is a great platform for low cost. And you can try it out for free without any restrictions on the programs capabilities.

However, if I read the original request correctly, slyraje is looking for a drum sampler type program. Reaper does not contain a drum sample set so he would still be needing some kind of drum set.

EZ drummer is really inexpensive these days and the DFH (Drumkit from Hell) will give you heavy (Tool friendly) sounds. The are other kits available for EZ as well. Toontracks has newer programs with more complex and customizable and have more variety of kits built in but they co$t quite a bit more.

Some of the more expensive music creation programs: fruity loops, reason, etc often have drum samplers built in or may come with sampler plug ins. There are many options out there and depending on the users approach and needs there may be several that fit the bill.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote