View Single Post
Outie's Avatar Outie
07-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Wow what can you say about Bonnaroo except that. This place, this festival was about as close to a Art/Music Utopia that I still get cold chills thinking of it all. There was so much to see, smell, take in...it was overwhelming. Friday started out so damned hot like the rest of the days there, cold at night, and brainbakingly hot by 900am. We took off for What stage or the main stage and got there about halfway through The Roots playing, I had never seen or heard these guys, but they really blew me away, such talented guys all of them, and they played alot of hip/hop, R&B, and even covered The Police's Roxanne, and some Bob Dylan. After they ended, here came the crowds, an ocean of exhaused, some strung out and stinky folks(myself included). Looking out over the crowd was a awe inspiring event, just incredible. The lights went down and the crowd goes apeshit to Maynards usual festival opening statement of..."I smell Patchulli" and boom right into Jambi, by that time my shroomies were peaking and I was on fire with anticipation. Tool was schedualed to play from 900pm to 1130 which I knew would never happen, and it didnt. But they made up for the lost time by coming out and just pouring everything into the show. Adam had his hair braided in kind of a pigtail fashion, coming down on each shoulder. Maynard and the rest of the boys were very very animated during the show, he was throwing out jokes like, I had a hot shower this morning, in my air conditioned trailer, even had soap....Jealous? Next was stinkfist, not extended but incredible of course. The Pot was kickass, then 46&2, one of my favorite songs live,Schism extended, then Maynard says, "So Im guessing most of you guys are on the Marajuana, maybe the LSD, well your all under arrest, heres a song about ya'll". No lost keys intro, just right into Roseta Stoned. Maynard says..."Were going back awhile with this one, all the way to 1996....this song is dedicated to Deputy Sheriff David Cross, then right into Flood, my face flushed red as the energy poured toward me and out of me, one of the most impressive songs of the night that I had never seen before live just awesome. Next was Wings and 10000 days, Maynard asked the crowd not to use flash photography, and at that point I realized my bladder was gonna explode if i didnt find a portolet really soon, So I headed for it, there was a small line of about 6 ppl in the vip area to the right of the stage, the area is for the venders that work the show and lady in front of me preceeded to tell me her life story, I tell her im from Cincinatti/ northern ky area and she goes on to sing a song that she sings with her son about Cincy, she went on for at least 2 minutes making sure I missed even hearing alot of Wings, we chatted a bit more and she went in, came out, intoduced herself as Jenn and said her goodbyes, she grabs me and hugs me tight, running her hands all down my back, I kissed her on the cheek then she faced me as if she wanted more(I had told her that I was there with someone, apparently she didnt care...see what Extacy does hehe?). She finally went on as did I. On the way back my lil area on the handicap pavillion(ive got a few busted disks in my back) and spotted a couple underneath our pavillion, just fucking each others brains out lol, it was uhh unnerving/sexy/ a lil disgusting all at the same time. I got back just in time to catch the end of 10000 days damnit i was a lil pissed but oh well. Lateralus began, and at the break of the song, Maynard introduces the king of the gaywad guitar solo, Mr. Tom Morello, he came out and did alot of Rage sounding soloing it was incredible, then Maynard walked up to him handing him a phone signaling it was time to go, he finished and left, kickass experience, that will prolly never happen again, and I was so happy to have been there, Maynard says.."Thank you for putting up with our cynacal attitudes, Police are tomorrow, damned fine, have a good weekend" then just kicked Vicarious ass, after he said have a good time again, then it was"Hey Hey Hey Hey" into Aenima. They thanked everyone in their usual way, throwing out waters and drumheads, and just like that it was over. Im still reeling from it all, and that was nearly a month ago. All id like to say is if you ever get a chance to go to Bonnaroo, Tool or not, DO IT, the experience is something that I will never forget and a real highpoint in my life. Ok enough of my ramble, you guys take care, Spiral Out...Keep Going......much love....Outie
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #62
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Wow what can you say about Bonnaroo except that. This place, this festival was about as close to a Art/Music Utopia that I still get cold chills thinking of it all. There was so much to see, smell, take in...it was overwhelming. Friday started out so damned hot like the rest of the days there, cold at night, and brainbakingly hot by 900am. We took off for What stage or the main stage and got there about halfway through The Roots playing, I had never seen or heard these guys, but they really blew me away, such talented guys all of them, and they played alot of hip/hop, R&B, and even covered The Police's Roxanne, and some Bob Dylan. After they ended, here came the crowds, an ocean of exhaused, some strung out and stinky folks(myself included). Looking out over the crowd was a awe inspiring event, just incredible. The lights went down and the crowd goes apeshit to Maynards usual festival opening statement of..."I smell Patchulli" and boom right into Jambi, by that time my shroomies were peaking and I was on fire with anticipation. Tool was schedualed to play from 900pm to 1130 which I knew would never happen, and it didnt. But they made up for the lost time by coming out and just pouring everything into the show. Adam had his hair braided in kind of a pigtail fashion, coming down on each shoulder. Maynard and the rest of the boys were very very animated during the show, he was throwing out jokes like, I had a hot shower this morning, in my air conditioned trailer, even had soap....Jealous? Next was stinkfist, not extended but incredible of course. The Pot was kickass, then 46&2, one of my favorite songs live,Schism extended, then Maynard says, "So Im guessing most of you guys are on the Marajuana, maybe the LSD, well your all under arrest, heres a song about ya'll". No lost keys intro, just right into Roseta Stoned. Maynard says..."Were going back awhile with this one, all the way to 1996....this song is dedicated to Deputy Sheriff David Cross, then right into Flood, my face flushed red as the energy poured toward me and out of me, one of the most impressive songs of the night that I had never seen before live just awesome. Next was Wings and 10000 days, Maynard asked the crowd not to use flash photography, and at that point I realized my bladder was gonna explode if i didnt find a portolet really soon, So I headed for it, there was a small line of about 6 ppl in the vip area to the right of the stage, the area is for the venders that work the show and lady in front of me preceeded to tell me her life story, I tell her im from Cincinatti/ northern ky area and she goes on to sing a song that she sings with her son about Cincy, she went on for at least 2 minutes making sure I missed even hearing alot of Wings, we chatted a bit more and she went in, came out, intoduced herself as Jenn and said her goodbyes, she grabs me and hugs me tight, running her hands all down my back, I kissed her on the cheek then she faced me as if she wanted more(I had told her that I was there with someone, apparently she didnt care...see what Extacy does hehe?). She finally went on as did I. On the way back my lil area on the handicap pavillion(ive got a few busted disks in my back) and spotted a couple underneath our pavillion, just fucking each others brains out lol, it was uhh unnerving/sexy/ a lil disgusting all at the same time. I got back just in time to catch the end of 10000 days damnit i was a lil pissed but oh well. Lateralus began, and at the break of the song, Maynard introduces the king of the gaywad guitar solo, Mr. Tom Morello, he came out and did alot of Rage sounding soloing it was incredible, then Maynard walked up to him handing him a phone signaling it was time to go, he finished and left, kickass experience, that will prolly never happen again, and I was so happy to have been there, Maynard says.."Thank you for putting up with our cynacal attitudes, Police are tomorrow, damned fine, have a good weekend" then just kicked Vicarious ass, after he said have a good time again, then it was"Hey Hey Hey Hey" into Aenima. They thanked everyone in their usual way, throwing out waters and drumheads, and just like that it was over. Im still reeling from it all, and that was nearly a month ago. All id like to say is if you ever get a chance to go to Bonnaroo, Tool or not, DO IT, the experience is something that I will never forget and a real highpoint in my life. Ok enough of my ramble, you guys take care, Spiral Out...Keep Going......much love....Outie