View Single Post
Black's Avatar Black
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM

I think it is true that they have changed their style of on-stage performance over the years, but I still get a lot out of the shows they do today. Yes, they were much more animated and in direct contact with the audience in their earlier days, but I can see how things would change over time. I get the feeling Maynard might be kind of burned out on touring and on performing live. I also think he seems to be acting more like he wants the music appreciated for itself, rather than trying to put on a stage show for the masses.

I don't really know if I am right about any of this. It's just an opinion.....a feeling I get. But I still really enjoy and appreciate the band, and their live performances make every other band pale in comparisson, so I am definitely not complaining.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

I think it is true that they have changed their style of on-stage performance over the years, but I still get a lot out of the shows they do today. Yes, they were much more animated and in direct contact with the audience in their earlier days, but I can see how things would change over time. I get the feeling Maynard might be kind of burned out on touring and on performing live. I also think he seems to be acting more like he wants the music appreciated for itself, rather than trying to put on a stage show for the masses.

I don't really know if I am right about any of this. It's just an opinion.....a feeling I get. But I still really enjoy and appreciate the band, and their live performances make every other band pale in comparisson, so I am definitely not complaining.