View Single Post
Kramer99's Avatar Kramer99
06-27-2007, 03:04 PM

This was my 7th Tool concert, going back to 1997. 3rd time since 10,000 days hit the shelves.

I will agree with some other posters that even though, overall, the concert was kick ass, this was not the "best" Tool performance. But it's hard to explain why I feel that way, because even a weaker Tool concert is 9 times better than anything else out there right now. Maybe it's the lack of interaction between Maynard and the crowd (either just hamming it up, or telling us to cheer louder 'cause we sound like Green Bay or something). Maybe it's 'cause of the quiet vocals (although they usually are low in the mix, when he's not yelling). Maybe it's because Maynard wasn't quite as spastic with his crazy Maynard Dance, as I've seen before. Whatever it is, it's different for everyone attending, I'm sure. And the next time I see them, they'll probably do a 10/10 show. I'll give this one a 8/10 (which is totally subjective).

Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus were my favorites. Flood was a treat too, of course! The show was unquestionably an assault on the senses, and I'm already looking forward the next time they come around. Hopefully Maynard wasn't joking when he said "see you soon."
Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

This was my 7th Tool concert, going back to 1997. 3rd time since 10,000 days hit the shelves.

I will agree with some other posters that even though, overall, the concert was kick ass, this was not the "best" Tool performance. But it's hard to explain why I feel that way, because even a weaker Tool concert is 9 times better than anything else out there right now. Maybe it's the lack of interaction between Maynard and the crowd (either just hamming it up, or telling us to cheer louder 'cause we sound like Green Bay or something). Maybe it's 'cause of the quiet vocals (although they usually are low in the mix, when he's not yelling). Maybe it's because Maynard wasn't quite as spastic with his crazy Maynard Dance, as I've seen before. Whatever it is, it's different for everyone attending, I'm sure. And the next time I see them, they'll probably do a 10/10 show. I'll give this one a 8/10 (which is totally subjective).

Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus were my favorites. Flood was a treat too, of course! The show was unquestionably an assault on the senses, and I'm already looking forward the next time they come around. Hopefully Maynard wasn't joking when he said "see you soon."
OFFLINE |