View Single Post
06-27-2007, 02:45 PM

so this was my second tool show, and it was great. the visual fx were amazing. the set list was great, and the band was on it. however i did think the guitar was too loud. i couldn't distinguish danny's drum rolls at times, or some of justin's bass sound. aside from being a drummer, tool is a very drum driven band, and i was a bit dissappointed when i was barely able to pick out some of my favorite parts. maynard was hard to hear at times as well, but that's to be expected with his dynamics. also i don't think alcohol should be allowed at tool shows. i was quite annoyed by hearing "WOOOOO" in the middle of the beautiful "wings for marie". anyway though, i do smile on the crowds enthusiasm. and running on stage is all well and good at most shows, but not tool. too much of a multimedia extravaganza to properly thrust that kind of chaos into. a bit bothered by the lack of diversity. everyone was a white kid wearing a black band t-shirt. kindof the antithesis of tool's message, i think (and the focus of much of their sarcasm). also, i wondered if anyone else got that on "vicarious" the lasers were red, green, and blue. all in all, fantastick, like the cleaner.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Memorial Coliseum

so this was my second tool show, and it was great. the visual fx were amazing. the set list was great, and the band was on it. however i did think the guitar was too loud. i couldn't distinguish danny's drum rolls at times, or some of justin's bass sound. aside from being a drummer, tool is a very drum driven band, and i was a bit dissappointed when i was barely able to pick out some of my favorite parts. maynard was hard to hear at times as well, but that's to be expected with his dynamics. also i don't think alcohol should be allowed at tool shows. i was quite annoyed by hearing "WOOOOO" in the middle of the beautiful "wings for marie". anyway though, i do smile on the crowds enthusiasm. and running on stage is all well and good at most shows, but not tool. too much of a multimedia extravaganza to properly thrust that kind of chaos into. a bit bothered by the lack of diversity. everyone was a white kid wearing a black band t-shirt. kindof the antithesis of tool's message, i think (and the focus of much of their sarcasm). also, i wondered if anyone else got that on "vicarious" the lasers were red, green, and blue. all in all, fantastick, like the cleaner.
OFFLINE |