View Single Post
3rdEye27
06-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Floor seating at the Xcel is much better than upper level at the Target Center, that's for sure. The only problem is I was caught in the mosh pit for the first two songs, which sucked cause i'm trying to make sure my girlfriend doesn't get beat up by some assholes while at the same time trying to enjoy the incredible show in front of me.

A benefit of the floor is the sound is good. People are saying they couldn't hear Maynard but I could. For some reason he didn't talk as much as he usually does.

Once you see Adam playing guitar, the reality hits you that those trippy, other-wordly sounds are all coming from him and his guitar, an impact that you don't fully get from listening to a CD. He's a creative genius (and the whole band).

Highlight of the show: Lateralus. Hands down. Best drum solo I've ever seen.
Schism and Stinkfists' extended versions also rocked, I love when they improvise because it's slightly different every time, and it sounded like Adam was using different effects than last time, making every show unique.

I just wish it was longer...cmon some bands play 2 and a half hour shows, Tool 0only goes 1 and a half, whats with that?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

Floor seating at the Xcel is much better than upper level at the Target Center, that's for sure. The only problem is I was caught in the mosh pit for the first two songs, which sucked cause i'm trying to make sure my girlfriend doesn't get beat up by some assholes while at the same time trying to enjoy the incredible show in front of me.

A benefit of the floor is the sound is good. People are saying they couldn't hear Maynard but I could. For some reason he didn't talk as much as he usually does.

Once you see Adam playing guitar, the reality hits you that those trippy, other-wordly sounds are all coming from him and his guitar, an impact that you don't fully get from listening to a CD. He's a creative genius (and the whole band).

Highlight of the show: Lateralus. Hands down. Best drum solo I've ever seen.
Schism and Stinkfists' extended versions also rocked, I love when they improvise because it's slightly different every time, and it sounded like Adam was using different effects than last time, making every show unique.

I just wish it was longer...cmon some bands play 2 and a half hour shows, Tool 0only goes 1 and a half, whats with that?
OFFLINE |