View Single Post
martyr_02's Avatar martyr_02
06-26-2007, 11:11 PM

here we go

Pre Show: Big ups to piston390 for recommending Patty McGovern's. I had a bacon blue cheeseburger and it was delicious, not to mention that all the women that were employed there were frickin hot. Thanks mate

Big Business: didn't get to see them, hopefully my blue cheese burger was worth it.

Tool:

I can't say whether or not this show was better than last septembers (due to the fact that i was so fucked up at the target center that i don't really remember it), but I can say that this show was fucking amazing. I thought the sound was fine, Maynard was buried at the start of Jambi but seemed to level out towardsthe middle, as well as being almost inaudible during rosetta stoned and wings 1&2, but other than that i could hear all the boys rockin out.

I thought Jambi followed by stinkfist was a great way to start the show, they were definitely the two most aggressive songs of the night, and were a great setup into the more "trippy" songs like 46&2 rosetta etc. My favorite moments of the night were lost keys (how the fuck does justing get those sounds to come out of his bass?)/rosetta stoned (it just kicked ass, and had some amazing visuals) and lateralus. However i didn't really enjoy the drum solo portion of it, it had some really cool moments but from where i was sitting i could here justin plucking away at that one note more than i could make out the drumming. Shit I almost forgot.....FLOOD!!! Holy fuck did that song kick ass live. The visuals for flood were a-fucking-mazing. At times it looked like the water was actually flowing over the stage, and sometimes like it was raining (I was in section 210 so i had a sweet view of the floor projetions as well).

Low point/hilarious moment:

The three drunk old dudes sitting next to me and my two friends singing and high fiveing each other all night long, so fucking annoying. But it was fucking hilarious when i noticed that one of the guys was airguitaring (and sometimes air drumming) even though he looked like he had never picked up a guitar in his life.

Oh one more thing, I really wish schism wasn't in the set. I'd much rather see something like eulogy.

God damn did that fucking rock! And Maynard can still fucking sing better than most modern rockers and hes in his forties! Can't wait to see them again....sadly it would have to wait until a new tour comes round.

EDIT:

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions intro
Stinkfist extended
46&2
Schism extended double time
Lost Keys/Blame Hoffman
Rosetta Stoned
Flood............HELL YEAH!!
intermission
Wings For Marie pt.1
10,000days (Wings pt.2)
Lateralus extended/drum solo
Vicarious

Last edited by martyr_02; 06-26-2007 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 7297
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

here we go

Pre Show: Big ups to piston390 for recommending Patty McGovern's. I had a bacon blue cheeseburger and it was delicious, not to mention that all the women that were employed there were frickin hot. Thanks mate

Big Business: didn't get to see them, hopefully my blue cheese burger was worth it.

Tool:

I can't say whether or not this show was better than last septembers (due to the fact that i was so fucked up at the target center that i don't really remember it), but I can say that this show was fucking amazing. I thought the sound was fine, Maynard was buried at the start of Jambi but seemed to level out towardsthe middle, as well as being almost inaudible during rosetta stoned and wings 1&2, but other than that i could hear all the boys rockin out.

I thought Jambi followed by stinkfist was a great way to start the show, they were definitely the two most aggressive songs of the night, and were a great setup into the more "trippy" songs like 46&2 rosetta etc. My favorite moments of the night were lost keys (how the fuck does justing get those sounds to come out of his bass?)/rosetta stoned (it just kicked ass, and had some amazing visuals) and lateralus. However i didn't really enjoy the drum solo portion of it, it had some really cool moments but from where i was sitting i could here justin plucking away at that one note more than i could make out the drumming. Shit I almost forgot.....FLOOD!!! Holy fuck did that song kick ass live. The visuals for flood were a-fucking-mazing. At times it looked like the water was actually flowing over the stage, and sometimes like it was raining (I was in section 210 so i had a sweet view of the floor projetions as well).

Low point/hilarious moment:

The three drunk old dudes sitting next to me and my two friends singing and high fiveing each other all night long, so fucking annoying. But it was fucking hilarious when i noticed that one of the guys was airguitaring (and sometimes air drumming) even though he looked like he had never picked up a guitar in his life.

Oh one more thing, I really wish schism wasn't in the set. I'd much rather see something like eulogy.

God damn did that fucking rock! And Maynard can still fucking sing better than most modern rockers and hes in his forties! Can't wait to see them again....sadly it would have to wait until a new tour comes round.

EDIT:

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions intro
Stinkfist extended
46&2
Schism extended double time
Lost Keys/Blame Hoffman
Rosetta Stoned
Flood............HELL YEAH!!
intermission
Wings For Marie pt.1
10,000days (Wings pt.2)
Lateralus extended/drum solo
Vicarious

Last edited by martyr_02; 06-26-2007 at 11:19 PM..
OFFLINE |