View Single Post
Ennui
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM

I don't have any long-winded things to say, but that show was amazing. My first Tool show - I started listening at the tail end of the Lateralus tour and didn't have time to catch them then - and I've gotta say it was definitely all I had hoped it would be.

I had pretty good seats front and center, row C in section 102.

Jambi was a great way to start the show... it was vibrating with energy, really powerful song so I was happy about that, albeit a little surprised as I've always considered that one of the less prominent tracks on 10,000 Days.
Stinkfist (ext.) was... well, wow.
46 and 2 is one of my favorite Tool songs and I was overjoyed. Also, the video on the screens for this was quite interesting.
Schism (ext.) needs no description.
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was a nice touch... could have performed it a little better though. I also would prefer another epic song over it, like Third Eye or one of the long tracks from the end of Lateralus, like Disposition or Reflection.
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was good, though not very energetic so despite them playing it very well it was not the best choice for a live show, but then I suppose Tool is not all about jumping around like an ass and headbanging. The 15 minutes of weird electric noises prior to this song were interesting, and the lights during it were some of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Lateralus (w/ Melt Banana) was purely amazing, though as some others said, the Melt Banana drummer was not in Carey's league and it was sort of like watching a 25-year-old fight a baby. The rest of it was beautiful, though.
Vicarious was a good closer.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

I don't have any long-winded things to say, but that show was amazing. My first Tool show - I started listening at the tail end of the Lateralus tour and didn't have time to catch them then - and I've gotta say it was definitely all I had hoped it would be.

I had pretty good seats front and center, row C in section 102.

Jambi was a great way to start the show... it was vibrating with energy, really powerful song so I was happy about that, albeit a little surprised as I've always considered that one of the less prominent tracks on 10,000 Days.
Stinkfist (ext.) was... well, wow.
46 and 2 is one of my favorite Tool songs and I was overjoyed. Also, the video on the screens for this was quite interesting.
Schism (ext.) needs no description.
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned was a nice touch... could have performed it a little better though. I also would prefer another epic song over it, like Third Eye or one of the long tracks from the end of Lateralus, like Disposition or Reflection.
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days was good, though not very energetic so despite them playing it very well it was not the best choice for a live show, but then I suppose Tool is not all about jumping around like an ass and headbanging. The 15 minutes of weird electric noises prior to this song were interesting, and the lights during it were some of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Lateralus (w/ Melt Banana) was purely amazing, though as some others said, the Melt Banana drummer was not in Carey's league and it was sort of like watching a 25-year-old fight a baby. The rest of it was beautiful, though.
Vicarious was a good closer.