View Single Post
l David l
06-13-2007, 10:18 PM

i also went to greenville so this will be written partly in comparison to that....

i had floor section 5 seats to greenville (got tehm the second they went on sale).

this one i had section 103 (row N, let me know if you were close to me). i got these tickets weeks after they went on sale. let me tell you, its so much better being up a little bit. the floor is probably only good if you are in sections 1 or 2. the sound at this one was so much better too, vocals were much clearer. the people in the crowd were a different bunch (difference between south/north carolina if you know what i mean, like having a full set of teeth or not).

as i was waiting for it to get closer to 9pm near the merch booth, i see this older lady (at least 65) walk in. i figured she worked there or something, then i saw her ticket. that was some sight.

walking to my seats around 8:45 i notice they were selling liquor, not just beer....great. not too happy about that. i really dont think you can enjoy tool as much if you are drunk. i had a little bit of alcohol before greenville and it did nothing to enhance it. much better sober. although, i dont do any drugs but i'd imagine its not as bad as being drunk.

anyways, onto the show....

guy next to me occasionally lit up, as well as other people around me. wasnt a big deal, just dont care for teh smell or antyhing. it was the two drunk guys near me that i wanted to punch. one guy was in the row in front of me. he was standing next to a guy who i think was there by himself, who, during the whole concert, just stood there and took it all in, while the drunk guy danced like an idiot and rocked out a little too hard, especially at odd times. i could tell the other guy was pissed. the other drunk guy i noticed during wings. the whole time during this 18 minute masterpeice, this fat redneck behind me was standing up holding his beer talking to some lady beside him super loud. he didnt pay attention at all. overall the crowd was really good, much better than i expected.

besides that the entier concert was so solid. very good sound, awesome visuals (actually got to take it all in with these seats this time). maynard was talkative. the birthday thing was cool. i had binoculars to watch danny during his times of amazingness. i got chills anytime i zoomed in on him.

i didnt mind hearing flood for a second time, i love this song, especially live, but i would have rather heard pushit/right in two/the pot, since i probably wont see them again on this tour. not a bad setlist though. i'd change a couple things...like take out schism. ive been waiting to hear the double time version and its awesome, but i think something else should take its place. maynard needs to get a little angrier with his voice on 46&2. rosetta stoned needs a better "holy fucking shit" like he had been doing a couple months ago (heard it on bootlegs). maybe some more maynard dances too. i actually like listening to wings/10k days better on the album. seeing it live was really awesome with all the visual effects, but i dont know. after seeing it once, i think that 20 minutes could be replaced with something else. i know that doesnt make sense cause some people havint seen it yet, but im just talking for myself hear (not being selfish or anything). ummm, lateralus is freaking amazing. the whole light show was awesome during this song. the drum solo part was better this time than greenville. the guy from melt didnt do much though from what i could tell. he didnt have much of a set to work with either. i loved the gong hit.

thats all for now. thank you tool, and thank you winston-salem for being a respectful crowd (except the drunk redneck who was yelling during wings).
Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

i also went to greenville so this will be written partly in comparison to that....

i had floor section 5 seats to greenville (got tehm the second they went on sale).

this one i had section 103 (row N, let me know if you were close to me). i got these tickets weeks after they went on sale. let me tell you, its so much better being up a little bit. the floor is probably only good if you are in sections 1 or 2. the sound at this one was so much better too, vocals were much clearer. the people in the crowd were a different bunch (difference between south/north carolina if you know what i mean, like having a full set of teeth or not).

as i was waiting for it to get closer to 9pm near the merch booth, i see this older lady (at least 65) walk in. i figured she worked there or something, then i saw her ticket. that was some sight.

walking to my seats around 8:45 i notice they were selling liquor, not just beer....great. not too happy about that. i really dont think you can enjoy tool as much if you are drunk. i had a little bit of alcohol before greenville and it did nothing to enhance it. much better sober. although, i dont do any drugs but i'd imagine its not as bad as being drunk.

anyways, onto the show....

guy next to me occasionally lit up, as well as other people around me. wasnt a big deal, just dont care for teh smell or antyhing. it was the two drunk guys near me that i wanted to punch. one guy was in the row in front of me. he was standing next to a guy who i think was there by himself, who, during the whole concert, just stood there and took it all in, while the drunk guy danced like an idiot and rocked out a little too hard, especially at odd times. i could tell the other guy was pissed. the other drunk guy i noticed during wings. the whole time during this 18 minute masterpeice, this fat redneck behind me was standing up holding his beer talking to some lady beside him super loud. he didnt pay attention at all. overall the crowd was really good, much better than i expected.

besides that the entier concert was so solid. very good sound, awesome visuals (actually got to take it all in with these seats this time). maynard was talkative. the birthday thing was cool. i had binoculars to watch danny during his times of amazingness. i got chills anytime i zoomed in on him.

i didnt mind hearing flood for a second time, i love this song, especially live, but i would have rather heard pushit/right in two/the pot, since i probably wont see them again on this tour. not a bad setlist though. i'd change a couple things...like take out schism. ive been waiting to hear the double time version and its awesome, but i think something else should take its place. maynard needs to get a little angrier with his voice on 46&2. rosetta stoned needs a better "holy fucking shit" like he had been doing a couple months ago (heard it on bootlegs). maybe some more maynard dances too. i actually like listening to wings/10k days better on the album. seeing it live was really awesome with all the visual effects, but i dont know. after seeing it once, i think that 20 minutes could be replaced with something else. i know that doesnt make sense cause some people havint seen it yet, but im just talking for myself hear (not being selfish or anything). ummm, lateralus is freaking amazing. the whole light show was awesome during this song. the drum solo part was better this time than greenville. the guy from melt didnt do much though from what i could tell. he didnt have much of a set to work with either. i loved the gong hit.

thats all for now. thank you tool, and thank you winston-salem for being a respectful crowd (except the drunk redneck who was yelling during wings).
OFFLINE |