View Single Post
Drunken
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM

Overall very good show. The band was spot-on, the visuals where entrancing and the crowd was on their best behavior. From where I was sitting, the sound wasn't all that bad, but could have been a little better, but it didn't take away much from the experience.

Melt-Banana went right over everyone's head, as I knew they would. People cheered out of respect but I had people all around me wonder what the fuck was going on. I enjoyed them though. I'd like to see them in a smaller venue sometime.

Set-up was prompt and the band was out and playing with only one small technical difficulty (Adam having minor trouble with his rig) about 25 mins later. Jambi kicked in with fire on screen blazing and the crowd roaring. Worked well as an opener.

Stinkfist, Forty-six and Two, Schism and Rosetta Stoned went over very well and I found myself having loads of fun to all of them. The first two verses of Rosetta could be worked on a little bit live because the vocals got ahead of the music a bit, but I know it would be hard recreating that exactly right live.

Flood was a show stopper. I really wasn't expecting to hear it because they played it in Greenville, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that brooding bassline kick in. BUT, for a split second I thought we where about to hear H. I think Justin did that on purpose.

There was a quick intermission with Justin queing everyone to hold up their lighters and had everyone there with one holding theirs up. Wings/10kd was next. I'm not the biggest fan of this song on the album, but with the lightshow and the crowd, I found myself entranced by it just as much as everyone else.

Lateralus. What else can be said? It was amazing and obviously the highlight of the night. I do wish they hadn't done the extended version. It was fun for a little while, but they drug it out a little bit, and Melt-Banana's drummer really did pale in comparison to Danny. Had it have been just Danny, it would've been much better. The guitarist for Melt-Banana on the other hand did pretty good with adding his own touch to it. Song kicked back in afterward and you could feel the overwhelming energy throughout the venue. Awesome.

A slight break where we all sang happy birthday to a girl they brought on stage (A friend of theirs I'm guessing?) and then maynard thanked us all for coming out, behaving and not using our flash cameras and then finished it up with Vicarious.

Great show, and I'll defniately see them next time, if there is one.

Last edited by Drunken; 06-13-2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 974
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

Overall very good show. The band was spot-on, the visuals where entrancing and the crowd was on their best behavior. From where I was sitting, the sound wasn't all that bad, but could have been a little better, but it didn't take away much from the experience.

Melt-Banana went right over everyone's head, as I knew they would. People cheered out of respect but I had people all around me wonder what the fuck was going on. I enjoyed them though. I'd like to see them in a smaller venue sometime.

Set-up was prompt and the band was out and playing with only one small technical difficulty (Adam having minor trouble with his rig) about 25 mins later. Jambi kicked in with fire on screen blazing and the crowd roaring. Worked well as an opener.

Stinkfist, Forty-six and Two, Schism and Rosetta Stoned went over very well and I found myself having loads of fun to all of them. The first two verses of Rosetta could be worked on a little bit live because the vocals got ahead of the music a bit, but I know it would be hard recreating that exactly right live.

Flood was a show stopper. I really wasn't expecting to hear it because they played it in Greenville, but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard that brooding bassline kick in. BUT, for a split second I thought we where about to hear H. I think Justin did that on purpose.

There was a quick intermission with Justin queing everyone to hold up their lighters and had everyone there with one holding theirs up. Wings/10kd was next. I'm not the biggest fan of this song on the album, but with the lightshow and the crowd, I found myself entranced by it just as much as everyone else.

Lateralus. What else can be said? It was amazing and obviously the highlight of the night. I do wish they hadn't done the extended version. It was fun for a little while, but they drug it out a little bit, and Melt-Banana's drummer really did pale in comparison to Danny. Had it have been just Danny, it would've been much better. The guitarist for Melt-Banana on the other hand did pretty good with adding his own touch to it. Song kicked back in afterward and you could feel the overwhelming energy throughout the venue. Awesome.

A slight break where we all sang happy birthday to a girl they brought on stage (A friend of theirs I'm guessing?) and then maynard thanked us all for coming out, behaving and not using our flash cameras and then finished it up with Vicarious.

Great show, and I'll defniately see them next time, if there is one.

Last edited by Drunken; 06-13-2007 at 09:26 PM..
OFFLINE |