View Single Post
star_kindler's Avatar star_kindler
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM

This was my first Tool concert and it was absolutely amazing. Some of Maynard's vocals were insanely-good despite eating all that pasta! And I loved the mohawk and cowboy hat! :)

A few not-so-great things: Honestly, Melt Banana blew out the ear drums of my friend and me before Tool came on, so we were more than grateful to hear something familiar with the Jambi opener. That, and we had been sitting in the wrong section for about an hour before the ticket-holders kindly mentioned that we were in their seats. When we finally got to the right seats, the guys to left of us and behind us were smoking-up something wicked. Somehow, they didn't get nabbed by security.

Jambi and Stinkfist were mind-blowing. You could see everyone moving along to the music from our actual seats (204 row D). I liked The Pot and I'm sure that another friend of mine in the audience was having a heart attack, but I think I would've preferred to hear some of the older stuff in its place: (namely some Undertow or even more Aenima). Granted, it's a tour for 10,000 Days, but the crowd was rather quiet when they played most of the new songs. I'm inclined to think that they're more thought-provoking and thus don't lend themselves as easily to head-banging or whatnot (haha).

I have to say that I liked Lost Keys better than Rosetta Stoned. Something about the guitar part gets me. Right In Two had some pretty interesting visualizations on the screen, Schism almost made me cry (in a good way), and Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days were spot-on. Wasn't a huge fan of Wings pt. 1 and 2 before hearing them live but now I know better. Lateralus was amazing but, like someone said, it seemed as though the Melt Banana drummer wasn't synced-up with Danny. Still better than the recording, though. Vicarious was a great was to close... and especially with Maynard holding the mic out to the audience for "vicariously I live while the whole world dies." I got chills.

So worth the 4hr drive up and down the parkway and the insane traffic in AC! I'm most definitely going to try to get tickets to PNC in July!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

This was my first Tool concert and it was absolutely amazing. Some of Maynard's vocals were insanely-good despite eating all that pasta! And I loved the mohawk and cowboy hat! :)

A few not-so-great things: Honestly, Melt Banana blew out the ear drums of my friend and me before Tool came on, so we were more than grateful to hear something familiar with the Jambi opener. That, and we had been sitting in the wrong section for about an hour before the ticket-holders kindly mentioned that we were in their seats. When we finally got to the right seats, the guys to left of us and behind us were smoking-up something wicked. Somehow, they didn't get nabbed by security.

Jambi and Stinkfist were mind-blowing. You could see everyone moving along to the music from our actual seats (204 row D). I liked The Pot and I'm sure that another friend of mine in the audience was having a heart attack, but I think I would've preferred to hear some of the older stuff in its place: (namely some Undertow or even more Aenima). Granted, it's a tour for 10,000 Days, but the crowd was rather quiet when they played most of the new songs. I'm inclined to think that they're more thought-provoking and thus don't lend themselves as easily to head-banging or whatnot (haha).

I have to say that I liked Lost Keys better than Rosetta Stoned. Something about the guitar part gets me. Right In Two had some pretty interesting visualizations on the screen, Schism almost made me cry (in a good way), and Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days were spot-on. Wasn't a huge fan of Wings pt. 1 and 2 before hearing them live but now I know better. Lateralus was amazing but, like someone said, it seemed as though the Melt Banana drummer wasn't synced-up with Danny. Still better than the recording, though. Vicarious was a great was to close... and especially with Maynard holding the mic out to the audience for "vicariously I live while the whole world dies." I got chills.

So worth the 4hr drive up and down the parkway and the insane traffic in AC! I'm most definitely going to try to get tickets to PNC in July!
OFFLINE |