View Single Post
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
03-27-2012, 07:12 AM

I have to admit that nothing makes my buttocks clench and my penis retract more than the label "Christian acoustic". However....

I'd be small minded and stupid to say I didn't like this music on those grounds.

I'm not sure if the harmonized vocals are you with yourself or you with someone else but they sound great and it's something you don't hear enough of really. Your voice has a nice natural tone to it too which again is a thing that paradoxically doesn't seem to come naturally to a lot of singer/songwriter types. I'm really loving the simplicity of the arrangements on this and how crisp and great the sounds are. The guitar tone is great, I'd be interested to know how you recorded it. And as someone who is (with some trepidation) trying to do the acoustic guitar/vocal thing I know some of the pit falls you can succumb to, but you haven't. So seriously, well done and congratulations. Keep it up.

I've listened to about half of it so far and the comparisons that come to mind immediately are Dave Hause, Chuck Ragan, Tom Gabel, possibly Dan Andrianno. But that might say more about me than you.

Anyway this is the best thing I've heard in this forum for ages now and is a strong case for why the creativity forum should be moved closer to the other ones so it isn't overlooked as much.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200
Re: Do We Like Acoustic Stuff?

I have to admit that nothing makes my buttocks clench and my penis retract more than the label "Christian acoustic". However....

I'd be small minded and stupid to say I didn't like this music on those grounds.

I'm not sure if the harmonized vocals are you with yourself or you with someone else but they sound great and it's something you don't hear enough of really. Your voice has a nice natural tone to it too which again is a thing that paradoxically doesn't seem to come naturally to a lot of singer/songwriter types. I'm really loving the simplicity of the arrangements on this and how crisp and great the sounds are. The guitar tone is great, I'd be interested to know how you recorded it. And as someone who is (with some trepidation) trying to do the acoustic guitar/vocal thing I know some of the pit falls you can succumb to, but you haven't. So seriously, well done and congratulations. Keep it up.

I've listened to about half of it so far and the comparisons that come to mind immediately are Dave Hause, Chuck Ragan, Tom Gabel, possibly Dan Andrianno. But that might say more about me than you.

Anyway this is the best thing I've heard in this forum for ages now and is a strong case for why the creativity forum should be moved closer to the other ones so it isn't overlooked as much.

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote