View Single Post
thomasknight
06-16-2007, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie View Post
This is just something me and a friend were discussing earlier. I know everyone's first response would be something along the lines of 'no fucking way' (mine too), but it's happened in the past and as far as i can tell the band has grown stronger because of it. Does anyone have some interesting (and inevitably controversial) ideas?

I think right now Tool are the best band around, and that their line-up is flawless. They should and will remain as they are as long as there is a Tool.

But if i HAD to choose an individual i think i'd say Maynard would be the prime candidate. As much as i love him (no, worship him), did anyone else hear the latest album/see Tool on their latest tour and feel that maybe the little bald-headed chap had lost his edge a tad? The other guys are just so mind-blowingly on top of their game right now i can't imagine any of them being excluded! WHO could fill Maynard's shoes, on the other hand, is something i can't really answer, hah.
They've been around for about 16/17 years now, maybe they'll keep going for a total of 10,000 days.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 AM   #55
On Probation

Bincount™: 155
Re: Could a member of the current Tool line-up be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie View Post
This is just something me and a friend were discussing earlier. I know everyone's first response would be something along the lines of 'no fucking way' (mine too), but it's happened in the past and as far as i can tell the band has grown stronger because of it. Does anyone have some interesting (and inevitably controversial) ideas?

I think right now Tool are the best band around, and that their line-up is flawless. They should and will remain as they are as long as there is a Tool.

But if i HAD to choose an individual i think i'd say Maynard would be the prime candidate. As much as i love him (no, worship him), did anyone else hear the latest album/see Tool on their latest tour and feel that maybe the little bald-headed chap had lost his edge a tad? The other guys are just so mind-blowingly on top of their game right now i can't imagine any of them being excluded! WHO could fill Maynard's shoes, on the other hand, is something i can't really answer, hah.
They've been around for about 16/17 years now, maybe they'll keep going for a total of 10,000 days.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote