View Single Post
Sea of Lies
06-11-2007, 08:43 AM

ADAM.

I play guitar, my fav band is tool and i always looked at adam as a genius until 10,000 days happened. His effects were mind-blowing for me before but now... seems he ran out of ideas. He's just repeating old riffs... the whole album's genius, but his work pulls it back. It's like he couldnt keep up with Danny and Justin.

And THERE ARE A LOT of guitar players that can play sicker stuff, and by that i don't mean all virtuosos, but people that use weird efects. I'd consider :

- Mike Tempesta (NOT for his work in pm5k that sucked, but for Human Waste)
- Agata from MxBx (they're opening tool this year in US)
- Mat Bellamy. He could even help Maynard sing.
- One of the guitar players from Meshuggah.

I'd chose Mike Tempesta.. Adam could stay as the band's artist... or the second guitar. Maybe having 2 guitar players is what TOOL needs now..

Danny and Justin CANNOT be replaced. Tool would cease existing.

Maynard... his voice's coming to an end, so maybe in the future someone will have to take his place. I'd choose Trent Reznor, i can't imagine anyone else there.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #46
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Could a member of the current Tool line-up be replaced?

ADAM.

I play guitar, my fav band is tool and i always looked at adam as a genius until 10,000 days happened. His effects were mind-blowing for me before but now... seems he ran out of ideas. He's just repeating old riffs... the whole album's genius, but his work pulls it back. It's like he couldnt keep up with Danny and Justin.

And THERE ARE A LOT of guitar players that can play sicker stuff, and by that i don't mean all virtuosos, but people that use weird efects. I'd consider :

- Mike Tempesta (NOT for his work in pm5k that sucked, but for Human Waste)
- Agata from MxBx (they're opening tool this year in US)
- Mat Bellamy. He could even help Maynard sing.
- One of the guitar players from Meshuggah.

I'd chose Mike Tempesta.. Adam could stay as the band's artist... or the second guitar. Maybe having 2 guitar players is what TOOL needs now..

Danny and Justin CANNOT be replaced. Tool would cease existing.

Maynard... his voice's coming to an end, so maybe in the future someone will have to take his place. I'd choose Trent Reznor, i can't imagine anyone else there.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote