Thread: New tracklist.
View Single Post
dedalus's Avatar dedalus
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTdOxOmL
Though in love with every track on this album, i have had a hard time accepting the album as a whole. this helped me a lot...
I agree with this statement.

This album was begging for an alternate tracklisting since it was leaked and with the band members mentioning in interviews how hard it was to formulate a definitive ordering, it logically followed that playing around could have a positive outcome.

I think it's a lot harder to change the order of an album after you have heard it the original way for too long. Your brain automatically trips up when it doesn't hear the end of each song paired with the beginning of the next. Thankfully, I altered the tracklisting immediately and haven't had that problem.

I think that any song order other than the original somehow makes it feel like a longer and much more sonically dense album. The only trouble I have with any of the alternate tracklists that have been put up here is that I like the flow of Lipan Conjuring going into The Pot and Vicarious into Jambi. Any other combination hasn't worked for me. I do like Jambi as a possible opener though. I warmed up to splitting the Wings suite and I think it sounds great. The way I now listen to the album is like this:

Lipan Conjuring
The Pot
Intension
Right in Two
Vicarious
Jambi
Wings for Marie
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
10,000 Days
Viginti Tres
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: New tracklist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTdOxOmL
Though in love with every track on this album, i have had a hard time accepting the album as a whole. this helped me a lot...
I agree with this statement.

This album was begging for an alternate tracklisting since it was leaked and with the band members mentioning in interviews how hard it was to formulate a definitive ordering, it logically followed that playing around could have a positive outcome.

I think it's a lot harder to change the order of an album after you have heard it the original way for too long. Your brain automatically trips up when it doesn't hear the end of each song paired with the beginning of the next. Thankfully, I altered the tracklisting immediately and haven't had that problem.

I think that any song order other than the original somehow makes it feel like a longer and much more sonically dense album. The only trouble I have with any of the alternate tracklists that have been put up here is that I like the flow of Lipan Conjuring going into The Pot and Vicarious into Jambi. Any other combination hasn't worked for me. I do like Jambi as a possible opener though. I warmed up to splitting the Wings suite and I think it sounds great. The way I now listen to the album is like this:

Lipan Conjuring
The Pot
Intension
Right in Two
Vicarious
Jambi
Wings for Marie
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
10,000 Days
Viginti Tres
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote