View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruze
Ha,so you think crowd was fantastic?It was LAME.My 3rd show:1st one was in Warsaw,2nd was in Berlin and now Glasgow and last two were nothing comparing all three...oh,people of the west,how little you know about good concerts.I don't want to sound like a nationalist but if you wanna see a Tool-worthy audience :24.06.06- Katowice,POLAND.HOW CAN YOU NOT JUMP?HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOUT?If you don't jump,if you don't shout DON'T GO TO A FRONT ROWS!!!Looking at me like i would kill your mother.....Did Maynard said "You don't look too amused?" at one point?NO WONDER.
apart from that great show!!!!
UND KEINE EIER!!!!!!

^^^^^^
Ok then!!
I thought the gig was immense first time seeing tool and i thouroughly enjoyed it. maaged to stay in the front row the whole night was helped me see and appreciate even more what each band member has to do in the band.
What can i say about dannys drumming - it blew me away . i knew he was good but actually seeing what he does is truly something.
Justins bass playing - magical. he sometims managed to make his bass sound like another instrument withthose effects e.g the solo from vicarious is actually played on bass - someone told me this but i didnt believe it till i saw t.
Adam - one talented guy amazing guitar work from mr jones especially using the microphone talkbox for the solo to jambi(i think) and playing the guitar at the same time. also he played the synthesiser (WITH HIS FEET!) at the same time as playing the guitar (on rosseta stoned).
Maynard although didnt say much - had great prescene with his hypnotic vocals and groovy dance moves. such anamazing voice ((in my opinion one of the best vocalists in music today).

Meeting danny and justin afterwards and getting their autograph was an added bonus (thanks thanks to the guys for taking the time to sign all those autographs and be so patient with us all).

However
The only problem i had with the night (and nothing to do with the band) was the shitty attitudes of the security staff. the rest of the staff were was excellent but the guards at the front of the stage (and one in particular who tried to make his presecne felt outside afterwards) were rediculous. I know they are there to do their job but surely there job is to keep the peace and help make people feel safe in order to enjoy their concert, not threaten people (thats what i believe i witnessed) and tell them thay will have their phone taken off them. yeah if they were taking a photo or recording the show but whats the problem with writting a text to tell your friends back home that the gig is amazing.

All in all one hell of a gig totally amazing seeing my fave band for the first time. No complaints with the band or set. But carling academy security staff should sort their attitude!!!!!!
OFFLINE |