View Single Post
bobby digital
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM

I think there should be a separate message board for all the whiners to post their gripes about the setlist and all the infinite ways that Tool continues to disappoint them. You have to wade through so much verbal diarrhea on this board to find anything positive or insightful written about the band and their music. It’s really a mentality that I can’t even pretend to comprehend. Who the fuck goes to a concert and meticulously chronicles every minute “mistake” that the band makes during their performance? I see this shit get posted over and over again and it really blows my mind. I picture these “fans” listening to the show and elbowing their friends sitting next to them – “Did you hear that? He made a mistake!!! That’s not how it sounds on their CD!!!!!”

And then there is the much maligned setlist which people have been whining about since the tour started almost two years ago. Tool could play every song from every album they’ve ever made in their entirety – one giant 5 hour show – and there would still be people on this board complaining about the setlist - “It was too long,” “I didn’t like the order,” “They should have played ‘No Quarter,’ etc, etc.” It’s the band’s own personal decision how they present their art, and if you can’t respect that then don’t buy tickets to the show. You all read these message boards and know with 99% certainty what songs are going to be played and in what order before you even step foot inside the venue. So my question is: if you don’t like what you see why bother?

The show at the Nokia was the fourth time I’ve seen Tool on this tour, and give or take couple songs it was exactly the same set as all the others. They were all unbelievable musical experiences and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I truly believe that Tool may be the most amazing live band in the history of rock, so if they’re a bit stingy with they’re music then deal with it, or find another band to obsess over. The world could always use more Fall Out Boy fans, and I hear they really switch it up a lot on stage.

Last edited by bobby digital; 12-12-2007 at 08:43 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

I think there should be a separate message board for all the whiners to post their gripes about the setlist and all the infinite ways that Tool continues to disappoint them. You have to wade through so much verbal diarrhea on this board to find anything positive or insightful written about the band and their music. It’s really a mentality that I can’t even pretend to comprehend. Who the fuck goes to a concert and meticulously chronicles every minute “mistake” that the band makes during their performance? I see this shit get posted over and over again and it really blows my mind. I picture these “fans” listening to the show and elbowing their friends sitting next to them – “Did you hear that? He made a mistake!!! That’s not how it sounds on their CD!!!!!”

And then there is the much maligned setlist which people have been whining about since the tour started almost two years ago. Tool could play every song from every album they’ve ever made in their entirety – one giant 5 hour show – and there would still be people on this board complaining about the setlist - “It was too long,” “I didn’t like the order,” “They should have played ‘No Quarter,’ etc, etc.” It’s the band’s own personal decision how they present their art, and if you can’t respect that then don’t buy tickets to the show. You all read these message boards and know with 99% certainty what songs are going to be played and in what order before you even step foot inside the venue. So my question is: if you don’t like what you see why bother?

The show at the Nokia was the fourth time I’ve seen Tool on this tour, and give or take couple songs it was exactly the same set as all the others. They were all unbelievable musical experiences and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I truly believe that Tool may be the most amazing live band in the history of rock, so if they’re a bit stingy with they’re music then deal with it, or find another band to obsess over. The world could always use more Fall Out Boy fans, and I hear they really switch it up a lot on stage.

Last edited by bobby digital; 12-12-2007 at 08:43 PM..
OFFLINE |