View Single Post
afsocwes
12-12-2007, 02:20 AM

Even though the show was flawless for what it was, I still get the vibe that by playing the same show every night they're "phoning it in" and getting a little too comfortable to some extent.

I couldn’t agree more. This was my 6th show on the 10.00 days tour. And it was like watching the same movie for the 6th time. Don’t get me wrong. I love Tool. But please the same 10 songs for every show? When I saw them in Fort Lauderdale for the 2nd time on the Lateralus Tour. They played Ticks and Leaches.

My best show of this tour. Was in August of 2006 in Hawaii. 900 hundred people. Small ass stage. No lasers. Good lighting on Maynard. Kick ass set list. Sober, The Pot and Opiate.

With the best opening of any concert ive been too. The auditorium had a dark curtain. So you couldn’t see anything going on stage. So the lights go out. Just as Adam starts the feedback on Stinkfist. Its pitch black for about 20 seconds. The lights came back on just as the first riff of Stinkfist starts playing. Unbelievable. The music was loud. You could not hear yourself scream. Not like last night. Where you could talk to the people around you. Like they were in your car.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:20 AM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Even though the show was flawless for what it was, I still get the vibe that by playing the same show every night they're "phoning it in" and getting a little too comfortable to some extent.

I couldn’t agree more. This was my 6th show on the 10.00 days tour. And it was like watching the same movie for the 6th time. Don’t get me wrong. I love Tool. But please the same 10 songs for every show? When I saw them in Fort Lauderdale for the 2nd time on the Lateralus Tour. They played Ticks and Leaches.

My best show of this tour. Was in August of 2006 in Hawaii. 900 hundred people. Small ass stage. No lasers. Good lighting on Maynard. Kick ass set list. Sober, The Pot and Opiate.

With the best opening of any concert ive been too. The auditorium had a dark curtain. So you couldn’t see anything going on stage. So the lights go out. Just as Adam starts the feedback on Stinkfist. Its pitch black for about 20 seconds. The lights came back on just as the first riff of Stinkfist starts playing. Unbelievable. The music was loud. You could not hear yourself scream. Not like last night. Where you could talk to the people around you. Like they were in your car.
OFFLINE |