View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helper View Post
The show could do without the really annoying and very loud sound that was being played during the brief intertmission.
i dont know if u noticed but that noise went perfectly with the visual of the the patterns and grids spinning - aligning into the figure of a man... but the sound you heard was what that grid (the collective) sounds like. Well, thats where my altered state of consciousness took me during that time at least. None the less - the way they were using harmonics, reverb, feedback and ghost note frequencies between the two instruments was amazing, i thought. And then being able to animate the visuals to align with the sound just right- MIND BLOWING. I will try and catch them again this tour just to see that intermission again.

REMEMBER- if you think its lame, there's probably something you're missing- this is TOOL

(or maybe i just had a headful and was creating something out of nothing- this IS tool)
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.17.2012 - Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by helper View Post
The show could do without the really annoying and very loud sound that was being played during the brief intertmission.
i dont know if u noticed but that noise went perfectly with the visual of the the patterns and grids spinning - aligning into the figure of a man... but the sound you heard was what that grid (the collective) sounds like. Well, thats where my altered state of consciousness took me during that time at least. None the less - the way they were using harmonics, reverb, feedback and ghost note frequencies between the two instruments was amazing, i thought. And then being able to animate the visuals to align with the sound just right- MIND BLOWING. I will try and catch them again this tour just to see that intermission again.

REMEMBER- if you think its lame, there's probably something you're missing- this is TOOL

(or maybe i just had a headful and was creating something out of nothing- this IS tool)
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote