View Single Post
The Milkman
01-18-2012, 01:20 PM

As others have noted, the guys were nails. Don't know if they've been logging extra rehearsal time or what, but they were polished and the mixing (for those who know the Tucson Arena) was pretty stellar considering the venue. Then again, this is Tool we're talking about. There's been too much chatter in recent years about Tool "mailing it in" on tour. Haven't seen them live in almost 9 years, but I call BS on that if last night is any indication.

Set list was as advertised. The drum-off between Dave (or David - Happy B-Day, btw) and Danny was fantastic, and Maynard's hankering for some popcorn provided some good laughs. Hard to cherry-pick favorite moments but if I had to pick, it would be the entire crowd getting jacked up to Stinkfist and hearing Lateralus live again. Whoa. The light show, imagery and, most importantly, the sounds made it a really memorable night all the way around.

VERY grateful the boys decided to visit The Old Pueblo. Goes without saying, but if you can catch them this Winter, do it. They're on their game.

Last edited by The Milkman; 01-18-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.17.2012 - Tucson, AZ @ Tucson Arena

As others have noted, the guys were nails. Don't know if they've been logging extra rehearsal time or what, but they were polished and the mixing (for those who know the Tucson Arena) was pretty stellar considering the venue. Then again, this is Tool we're talking about. There's been too much chatter in recent years about Tool "mailing it in" on tour. Haven't seen them live in almost 9 years, but I call BS on that if last night is any indication.

Set list was as advertised. The drum-off between Dave (or David - Happy B-Day, btw) and Danny was fantastic, and Maynard's hankering for some popcorn provided some good laughs. Hard to cherry-pick favorite moments but if I had to pick, it would be the entire crowd getting jacked up to Stinkfist and hearing Lateralus live again. Whoa. The light show, imagery and, most importantly, the sounds made it a really memorable night all the way around.

VERY grateful the boys decided to visit The Old Pueblo. Goes without saying, but if you can catch them this Winter, do it. They're on their game.

Last edited by The Milkman; 01-18-2012 at 01:21 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote