View Single Post
polilla
08-02-2009, 07:04 AM

Great show. Purposely did not look at past set lists so I wouldn't know what was being played. Did not bother me that it was same, I'm of the camp that they can play same songs over and over and it wouldn't bother me.

Great Maynard-isms -

"New York City is a hell of a town, but all joking aside, when it comes down to it, ya can't fuck with Jersey."

Before drum duel of Lateralus:

"Let the drumsterbation begin!"

When the solo was done and Maynard ran back on in underwear, ran out and rubbed guest drummers bald head in a congratulatory way, it was kind of sweet. He started to walk off after Lateralus without striking the drums to which Maynard said:

"Hey taking your fucking drums with you. This ain't no fucking storage space."

Also the guys name was Frank something (sorry didn't catch it) and as he left he said:

"I was actually expecting Frank Sinatra, but you were all right" or something to that effect. He also said they were going to have another guy play drums and then they realized he couldn't play drums at all. Forget the name again.

There did to be a few little flubs here and there but it kind of added to the atmosphere. It looked like they were having fun. The stage faces the skyline of NYC and it looked like both Justin and Danny took a second to take it in when they walked on stage. A little later Justin took a pic of the crowd, not sure if he's been doing that at every show.

The visuals and lights synced up with the music beautifully. Love the face being morphed during 46&2 until the flesh comes off to reveal the skeleton. Also he sang the last line:

"46&2 will lead to 48"

Again I haven't been following reviews to apologies if this was mentioned already.

The lasers were great, they actually kept them all confined within the stage. I imagine this was because there are so many airplanes flying into the airports and also one of the lasers could of easily beamed into someone's apartment! It gave a very cool effect and I was amazed how precise they were in there calculations as they hit just the end of the 'roof' of the stage. Must of looked really cool to some of the planes flying into Newark airport.

One last note, this was the closet I've been to them as they played and it was just amazing to watch the energy and connection between the four of them. They are easily four of the most talented musicians I've ever had the privilege to watch perform and it always is an honor to witness.

Thanks Tool

Last edited by polilla; 08-02-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Old 08-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Great show. Purposely did not look at past set lists so I wouldn't know what was being played. Did not bother me that it was same, I'm of the camp that they can play same songs over and over and it wouldn't bother me.

Great Maynard-isms -

"New York City is a hell of a town, but all joking aside, when it comes down to it, ya can't fuck with Jersey."

Before drum duel of Lateralus:

"Let the drumsterbation begin!"

When the solo was done and Maynard ran back on in underwear, ran out and rubbed guest drummers bald head in a congratulatory way, it was kind of sweet. He started to walk off after Lateralus without striking the drums to which Maynard said:

"Hey taking your fucking drums with you. This ain't no fucking storage space."

Also the guys name was Frank something (sorry didn't catch it) and as he left he said:

"I was actually expecting Frank Sinatra, but you were all right" or something to that effect. He also said they were going to have another guy play drums and then they realized he couldn't play drums at all. Forget the name again.

There did to be a few little flubs here and there but it kind of added to the atmosphere. It looked like they were having fun. The stage faces the skyline of NYC and it looked like both Justin and Danny took a second to take it in when they walked on stage. A little later Justin took a pic of the crowd, not sure if he's been doing that at every show.

The visuals and lights synced up with the music beautifully. Love the face being morphed during 46&2 until the flesh comes off to reveal the skeleton. Also he sang the last line:

"46&2 will lead to 48"

Again I haven't been following reviews to apologies if this was mentioned already.

The lasers were great, they actually kept them all confined within the stage. I imagine this was because there are so many airplanes flying into the airports and also one of the lasers could of easily beamed into someone's apartment! It gave a very cool effect and I was amazed how precise they were in there calculations as they hit just the end of the 'roof' of the stage. Must of looked really cool to some of the planes flying into Newark airport.

One last note, this was the closet I've been to them as they played and it was just amazing to watch the energy and connection between the four of them. They are easily four of the most talented musicians I've ever had the privilege to watch perform and it always is an honor to witness.

Thanks Tool

Last edited by polilla; 08-02-2009 at 07:07 AM..
OFFLINE |