View Single Post
LateraL9eight7
08-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Faith restored. That performance was better than some of the mailed in shit I saw in 2007.

DC using all roto-toms and 2 kick drums, huh? Sounded great.

The drum duet has to stop. Its not good. I didnt think it was cool last time I saw it, and I still dont. And that was with Cody.

My mix was mint. I stood on that platform in the soundboard area so I was elevated.

Maynard sang very well, which quelled my worst fear.

All Points West kind of sucked, but that's also because anything where TOOL fans en masse are generally sucks. Neko Case and Gogol Bordello were fantastic.

Man, do they play "Flood" well. So tight.

Glad I saw the show. Nothing I hadnt seen before, but I had to see for myself why it was that they wheeled out an overdone 2 year old tour. I've seen the band on their first tours back after long downtimes pretty much every timefor the past 12 years, and this was no different. Band seemed renewed and energetic. Very happy.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Faith restored. That performance was better than some of the mailed in shit I saw in 2007.

DC using all roto-toms and 2 kick drums, huh? Sounded great.

The drum duet has to stop. Its not good. I didnt think it was cool last time I saw it, and I still dont. And that was with Cody.

My mix was mint. I stood on that platform in the soundboard area so I was elevated.

Maynard sang very well, which quelled my worst fear.

All Points West kind of sucked, but that's also because anything where TOOL fans en masse are generally sucks. Neko Case and Gogol Bordello were fantastic.

Man, do they play "Flood" well. So tight.

Glad I saw the show. Nothing I hadnt seen before, but I had to see for myself why it was that they wheeled out an overdone 2 year old tour. I've seen the band on their first tours back after long downtimes pretty much every timefor the past 12 years, and this was no different. Band seemed renewed and energetic. Very happy.
OFFLINE |