View Single Post
Mewsick
02-08-2012, 04:28 AM

Had a lot of doubts on this one having followed reviews throughout the tour. Ive seen Tool 4 times in 11 years, and each time the set list seems to get a little shorter, the merch prices get higher, and the bands enthusiasm as a whole seems more absent. I feel those of us on the second half of the tour got shorted, as Sober isn't exactly a fair trade for Ticks & Leeches and the Pot (or Parabola) both missing from the set list. Having said that, the show was simply amazing, very energetic, very cohesive. If past reviews have been accurate in terms of "going thru the motions, etc" I'll take the shorter set list and the show we got any day. Yob was a good time to get merch, or anything else you could possibly think of doing, as long as you got away, they were absolutely horrible. It also didnt hurt that thru a series of fortunate events my fiance an I ended up with ticket upgrades twice before Tool hit the stage (long story involving will call, and a nice Russian couple). Anyhow, at the end of the day, I'm a very happy customer, wonderful experience.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.2012 - Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Bank Atlantic Centre

Had a lot of doubts on this one having followed reviews throughout the tour. Ive seen Tool 4 times in 11 years, and each time the set list seems to get a little shorter, the merch prices get higher, and the bands enthusiasm as a whole seems more absent. I feel those of us on the second half of the tour got shorted, as Sober isn't exactly a fair trade for Ticks & Leeches and the Pot (or Parabola) both missing from the set list. Having said that, the show was simply amazing, very energetic, very cohesive. If past reviews have been accurate in terms of "going thru the motions, etc" I'll take the shorter set list and the show we got any day. Yob was a good time to get merch, or anything else you could possibly think of doing, as long as you got away, they were absolutely horrible. It also didnt hurt that thru a series of fortunate events my fiance an I ended up with ticket upgrades twice before Tool hit the stage (long story involving will call, and a nice Russian couple). Anyhow, at the end of the day, I'm a very happy customer, wonderful experience.