View Single Post
Legion's Avatar Legion
11-09-2006, 09:36 PM

After listening to that section for the last 20 mins, I'm 99.9% sure that it is Been too long. I don't think Maynard is mocking the Angels, the theme of the song is evolution in reason. We start with Angels watching us bumbling around with our new gift of free will. We soon find a direction for our gift of free will, we turn it to malice by forging a blade. The Angels soon realize that we have taken a path that leads to immense suffering for all humanity. With our thumbs we form a club and beat our brother down. The next observation is that we've become vile creatures that would use our short existence for the purpose of taking life.

Which brings us to the end of the song, one last observation from those who watch from above. They have been sidelined, unable to influence our direction or help us to realize that we're wasting our potential. Their gift was infinite reason and patience and they just sit wondering when it all will end.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Correction to lyrics...

After listening to that section for the last 20 mins, I'm 99.9% sure that it is Been too long. I don't think Maynard is mocking the Angels, the theme of the song is evolution in reason. We start with Angels watching us bumbling around with our new gift of free will. We soon find a direction for our gift of free will, we turn it to malice by forging a blade. The Angels soon realize that we have taken a path that leads to immense suffering for all humanity. With our thumbs we form a club and beat our brother down. The next observation is that we've become vile creatures that would use our short existence for the purpose of taking life.

Which brings us to the end of the song, one last observation from those who watch from above. They have been sidelined, unable to influence our direction or help us to realize that we're wasting our potential. Their gift was infinite reason and patience and they just sit wondering when it all will end.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote