View Single Post
EricMatthewLeavell
10-04-2004, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy reality
i shouldn't comment since i'm not a bassist but a metallic sound definitely comes from brand new strings, especially if you don't break them in (stretch them out before playing)... in general
that's not really true. Because the strings will get out of tune incredibly fast as you play.

My girlfriend has the same strings that came on her bass, and she bought that bass like... months and months ago, and it's easy to get a metallic sound. Just using the active pickups.

it's just basically boosting the treble, but there are many different ways to go about doing it, based on your gear.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:05 AM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 23
Re: InnerCombustion + Spoon present: Stinkfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy reality
i shouldn't comment since i'm not a bassist but a metallic sound definitely comes from brand new strings, especially if you don't break them in (stretch them out before playing)... in general
that's not really true. Because the strings will get out of tune incredibly fast as you play.

My girlfriend has the same strings that came on her bass, and she bought that bass like... months and months ago, and it's easy to get a metallic sound. Just using the active pickups.

it's just basically boosting the treble, but there are many different ways to go about doing it, based on your gear.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote