View Single Post
junior
05-01-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
hey junior, just wondering how TOOL has kept other bands from covers? I know about the Aaron Lewis ‘Sober’ cover, but I was reading about the Vibrators ‘Nothing Else Matters’ cover and there was no mention of getting permission from Metallica.
Not sure, but I don't think bands have to give any special permission. The band doing the cover probably has to pay ASCAP or BMI fees. I don't know if that just pertains to recorded versions, or not.
The band opening for Tool at the moment (Brass Against) does 3 Tool covers each night.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:10 PM   #7606
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
hey junior, just wondering how TOOL has kept other bands from covers? I know about the Aaron Lewis ‘Sober’ cover, but I was reading about the Vibrators ‘Nothing Else Matters’ cover and there was no mention of getting permission from Metallica.
Not sure, but I don't think bands have to give any special permission. The band doing the cover probably has to pay ASCAP or BMI fees. I don't know if that just pertains to recorded versions, or not.
The band opening for Tool at the moment (Brass Against) does 3 Tool covers each night.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote