View Single Post
Kody27
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
An admission that you listen to a very defined and relatively narrow spectrum of music genres compared to people who listen to anything and everything.

Thankfully you're not writing whole genres off as bad, and you understand that there is no sense in doing such.
I've had this discussion before with a friend of mine who not only listens to all kinds of music, but claims that he gets the same level of satisfaction from everything as to where I only get certain levels of satisfaction from a few things. How can he know that he is enjoying the same quality of enjoyment that I am experiencing, but at a much larger quantity? He can't know. All he is saying is that he appreciates everything in the same way, which to me just says he has a consistent easy listening attitude, as to where I have a specific individual appreciations for different things. It's not a crime either way, it's just people's attitudes. We obviously both love music, not you but my other friend, so we must enjoy similar things but he tends to stay on the surface of everything and I tend to penetrate deeper into just one thing and move on.

You want an admittance that MY interests are very defined and relatively narrow?

This is coming from the guy who shuts out an entire world of science because he beileves every douche bag on here is a good representation of the hidden aspects of it, and he can't seem to find any "useful" applications of it's knowledge in his everyday life.
Well trust me, thousands of people do apply occult philosophies and knowledge to their practical life, everyday, and it's more of a personal problem on your part that you get angry when people try to be deep and mystical. It's your one-sided scientific mind that keeps you in linear fashion thinking mode, no one expects you to change so continue on with your over analytical bull shit put downs.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #35
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: 10,000 days is great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
An admission that you listen to a very defined and relatively narrow spectrum of music genres compared to people who listen to anything and everything.

Thankfully you're not writing whole genres off as bad, and you understand that there is no sense in doing such.
I've had this discussion before with a friend of mine who not only listens to all kinds of music, but claims that he gets the same level of satisfaction from everything as to where I only get certain levels of satisfaction from a few things. How can he know that he is enjoying the same quality of enjoyment that I am experiencing, but at a much larger quantity? He can't know. All he is saying is that he appreciates everything in the same way, which to me just says he has a consistent easy listening attitude, as to where I have a specific individual appreciations for different things. It's not a crime either way, it's just people's attitudes. We obviously both love music, not you but my other friend, so we must enjoy similar things but he tends to stay on the surface of everything and I tend to penetrate deeper into just one thing and move on.

You want an admittance that MY interests are very defined and relatively narrow?

This is coming from the guy who shuts out an entire world of science because he beileves every douche bag on here is a good representation of the hidden aspects of it, and he can't seem to find any "useful" applications of it's knowledge in his everyday life.
Well trust me, thousands of people do apply occult philosophies and knowledge to their practical life, everyday, and it's more of a personal problem on your part that you get angry when people try to be deep and mystical. It's your one-sided scientific mind that keeps you in linear fashion thinking mode, no one expects you to change so continue on with your over analytical bull shit put downs.
OFFLINE |