View Single Post
Kody27
06-19-2009, 09:05 AM

not really, there are only two categories of music, good music and bad music. sorry i can't pop in a tom waits album and then enjoy some indie bands, and then rock out to folk music , 75% of the time i listen to music nowadays it's mostly indian classical or western classical. vivaldi, paganini, bach are some of my favs, on the eastern side i like ustad allah rakha, zakir hussein, of course ravi shankar, but his daughter anoushka shankar has some interesting collaborations with karsh kale called breathing underwater, frigin excellent imo. that's really just the tip of the iceburg, but you're right, i don't like much american contemporary music so i am pretty narrow...
Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #33
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: 10,000 days is great?

not really, there are only two categories of music, good music and bad music. sorry i can't pop in a tom waits album and then enjoy some indie bands, and then rock out to folk music , 75% of the time i listen to music nowadays it's mostly indian classical or western classical. vivaldi, paganini, bach are some of my favs, on the eastern side i like ustad allah rakha, zakir hussein, of course ravi shankar, but his daughter anoushka shankar has some interesting collaborations with karsh kale called breathing underwater, frigin excellent imo. that's really just the tip of the iceburg, but you're right, i don't like much american contemporary music so i am pretty narrow...
OFFLINE |