View Single Post
Lateralareallofus's Avatar Lateralareallofus
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM

ya im not sure about the pot either. I like the almost funkly dance like rock sound to it. but its vagueness keeps me from loving it. But this had a purpose. the song has so many different meanings, more than any of us are probably aware of. overall its about hypocrisy, but its also about those who smoke pot, those who dont smoke, but are high on themselves, the relationship between his mother and maynard, the governments attack on the middle east, maybe even somehting to do with alchemy/magik... the ambiguity is complicated, but has a purpose.

the fillers all have a reason. i wish too that some of the fillers had been made into full songs but thats why they are the artists, the create this with their vision. Lipan conjuring has many purposes, i like it as a soothing song that makes me almost forget about the previous half of the album and focus for the next epic song, rosetta stoned, not to mention right in two. these fillers/segues were put there to make the album feel more flowing. i love it. many dont.

if youre into the more esoteric reasons as to lipans and lost keys purpose, then look into the tree of life, the 10 (or 11) sephirot to get what each track represents.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 10,000 days is great?

ya im not sure about the pot either. I like the almost funkly dance like rock sound to it. but its vagueness keeps me from loving it. But this had a purpose. the song has so many different meanings, more than any of us are probably aware of. overall its about hypocrisy, but its also about those who smoke pot, those who dont smoke, but are high on themselves, the relationship between his mother and maynard, the governments attack on the middle east, maybe even somehting to do with alchemy/magik... the ambiguity is complicated, but has a purpose.

the fillers all have a reason. i wish too that some of the fillers had been made into full songs but thats why they are the artists, the create this with their vision. Lipan conjuring has many purposes, i like it as a soothing song that makes me almost forget about the previous half of the album and focus for the next epic song, rosetta stoned, not to mention right in two. these fillers/segues were put there to make the album feel more flowing. i love it. many dont.

if youre into the more esoteric reasons as to lipans and lost keys purpose, then look into the tree of life, the 10 (or 11) sephirot to get what each track represents.
OFFLINE |