View Single Post
Pancthulhu's Avatar Pancthulhu
08-23-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
There was some dick on shrooms or something right behind me, that made it his business to try to crush my girlfriend at one point. I let it pass twice, and then once with a warning, but when he grabbed the fence so he could get yet more weight onto us during the crowd surge at the end of stinkfist, I headbutted him. I threw my headback and tonked him right on the skull. Then I turned round and lost it. I guess stinkfist and that guy were just the wrong combination. The security guards jumped in (I was right at the middle) and told him to calm down and not keep doing what he was doing. I am glad they did that.
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.

It was cool that they played Flood. Didn't expect that.
Quote:
What was that five minute intro, before the Flood? Sounds like a peice of work from their next album, just like they did with Wings pt1 on the Lateralus tour in New York radio city hall.
It was the introduction to Flood! It's on Undertow. :P

Did anyone notice the kaleidoscopic effect thing, on the screen during Lateralus, that showed Danny playing? That was a cool effect.

Russian Circles have a really interesting style but could do with some variation. It seems like they've found something that works and have stopped experimenting, which is a shame.

The hairs on the tail of God are monstrous.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Quote:
There was some dick on shrooms or something right behind me, that made it his business to try to crush my girlfriend at one point. I let it pass twice, and then once with a warning, but when he grabbed the fence so he could get yet more weight onto us during the crowd surge at the end of stinkfist, I headbutted him. I threw my headback and tonked him right on the skull. Then I turned round and lost it. I guess stinkfist and that guy were just the wrong combination. The security guards jumped in (I was right at the middle) and told him to calm down and not keep doing what he was doing. I am glad they did that.
Were you at the front on the left side? There was a guy near me who was told to calm down. People moshing throughout the entire set was just irritating IMO - don't get me wrong, when I go to extreme metal gigs I don't care that people mosh (although I tend to avoid the pit), but I suspect I'm far from being the only one who thinks it's totally out of place an a Tool concert. Not everyone wants to be crushed during Lateralus and I spent most of the gig trying not to fall over.

It was cool that they played Flood. Didn't expect that.
Quote:
What was that five minute intro, before the Flood? Sounds like a peice of work from their next album, just like they did with Wings pt1 on the Lateralus tour in New York radio city hall.
It was the introduction to Flood! It's on Undertow. :P

Did anyone notice the kaleidoscopic effect thing, on the screen during Lateralus, that showed Danny playing? That was a cool effect.

Russian Circles have a really interesting style but could do with some variation. It seems like they've found something that works and have stopped experimenting, which is a shame.

The hairs on the tail of God are monstrous.
OFFLINE |