View Single Post
hobbitcore
06-02-2007, 07:46 AM

I dunno if they do this every night cuz no one ever mentions it but how cool was that fucking UFO landing shit where the light fixtures tilted and then sort of ascended and they had TV screens on them i think...that was fucking amazing.

That being said there was nothing special about this show...no surprises...and it was still one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Holy shit. My seats were perfect I think...further than I thought but I could see and hear everything perfectly. I found myself disappointed that they did Right in Two instead of Pushit but I'm actually glad they did cuz that song is amazing live and I've already seen Pushit. Danny's tabla solo in that song was AMAZING. Rosetta Stoned was definitely a highlight, fucking amazing song live. Jambi I think is a terrific opener, I dunno why no one agrees. It kicks shit into gear right from the get-go. It reminds me of The Grudge a lot in that way. Forty Six & 2 was amazing, of course. Wings/10kD were beautiful. A fucking beautiful evening.

I love the intro things they had for Forty Six & 2, Schism, and Vicarious. The Schism one made me think of Eon Blue Apocalypse and I got a little excited they might do The Patient, but nah. They teased Prison Sex again, bastards, haha.

But the show was definitely everything I knew and expected it would be. Probably ranks in the top 5 shows I've ever seen...hard to say so soon after but I think it was probably better than when I saw them in 2001, which was incredible. An incredibly positive, joyful evening thanks to Tool (and Cannabis :D).
Old 06-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/01 - Sunrise, FL - Bank Atlantic Center

I dunno if they do this every night cuz no one ever mentions it but how cool was that fucking UFO landing shit where the light fixtures tilted and then sort of ascended and they had TV screens on them i think...that was fucking amazing.

That being said there was nothing special about this show...no surprises...and it was still one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Holy shit. My seats were perfect I think...further than I thought but I could see and hear everything perfectly. I found myself disappointed that they did Right in Two instead of Pushit but I'm actually glad they did cuz that song is amazing live and I've already seen Pushit. Danny's tabla solo in that song was AMAZING. Rosetta Stoned was definitely a highlight, fucking amazing song live. Jambi I think is a terrific opener, I dunno why no one agrees. It kicks shit into gear right from the get-go. It reminds me of The Grudge a lot in that way. Forty Six & 2 was amazing, of course. Wings/10kD were beautiful. A fucking beautiful evening.

I love the intro things they had for Forty Six & 2, Schism, and Vicarious. The Schism one made me think of Eon Blue Apocalypse and I got a little excited they might do The Patient, but nah. They teased Prison Sex again, bastards, haha.

But the show was definitely everything I knew and expected it would be. Probably ranks in the top 5 shows I've ever seen...hard to say so soon after but I think it was probably better than when I saw them in 2001, which was incredible. An incredibly positive, joyful evening thanks to Tool (and Cannabis :D).
OFFLINE |