View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 04:08 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/27 - Madrid, ESP - Festimad

Well, well, still with the hangover from the last night's show.....

I'll skip through the first bands, though they were quite good, I specially liked Vertice, but I'll go straight to the point: Tool!

The stage and the Sound was incredible, but as it was my first Tool show I might not be a very reliable source for this.
The only thing I did not like is that they only played 1h 25 min, while I was expecting about 2 hours..............I think that this was some festimad rule, for Deftones also played 1 hour and a half aproximately.

Well, the tracklist was as follows:

1.Stinkfist
2.46 and two
3.Jambi
4.Schism
5.Lost keys (blame Hoffman)
6.Rosseta Stoned
7.Sober
8.Lateralus
9.Vicarious
10.Aenima

The songs were all great, I think it's the best show I've ever seen, the images in the white curtains were impressive and fitted perfectly with the songs.

Maynard was impressive, and Rossetta Stoned sounded incredibly good!,I don't know which device he was using, but he created the exact voice and double voicing taking the current mic and that device he was taking with him!!

The bass is the best I've ever heard in all my life, and the drum setting was simply HUGE, with a chinese gong in the back, which he did not use,unfortunately, for I think it's used for 10,000 days (wings II) and I really wanted to have that one in the concert.

Anyway, the mix of great old songs and really kicking-ass new songs was great and solid, and I must say that the new songs gain a lot of strenght when played live, and Jambi is just brutal!

I really enjoyed the show, and I can say nothing bad about it,just that I really didn't want it to finish, and it was too short.......

I hope they come to Madrid again soon, I'll go no matter how!!