View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 07:16 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/07 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Just want to share my experience.....

Like most of the replies, Wings/10k was awesome to see/hear live. I remember looking over to my buddy when the first notes of Wings started and I couldn't believe they were going to play it. I thought to myself, "surely, if they play Wings, they have to play 10k!!" And all I could think about was MJK's state of mind and what he must be feeling and thinking at that moment, knowing what was coming up shortly.

After he went off stage during 10k, I heard some asshole behind me (I was in PR 17) yell out "Stop fucking up already!" I turned around, told him to fucking learn what Tool songs were about, or just don't come at all and leave your seat for a TRUE Tool fan. If you are reading this...which I doubt you are because you sure as fuck didn't know shit about the band.....you are lucky I didn't turn around and kick your ass. Only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to get kicked out and miss the rest of the show.

Sorry....rant off.....

When Maynard was offstage for the moment, I was shouting to him "We are here with you!! We are going through this with you!! You aren't alone. We are here for you!!" I'm sure he didn't hear me with all of the cheering and encouragement that the entire crowd was giving him....well...minus that POS fucker behind me. Was great to see the embrace with MJK and Adam. If that song didn't hit you, then I don't know what the fuck would.

I'm going again tonight. Will be interesting to see if they change up the setlist or not.

Grats on the first part of the 'healing' stage MJK. We are here to help you through it!

Much <3
OFFLINE |