View Single Post
livid star's Avatar livid star
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Ok, I am now well rested after my extensive travels to attend this show. It was 100% worth it! I posted a pretty scathing review/opinion of the 1/15/12 Las Vegas show I was at, but let me just clarify now that it was not Tool's fault.

Finally, I now own a coherent memory of live Pushit..I just felt like crying during the break down, partly because I couldn't believe it was happening..like in the greater sense, I mean I knew the setlist but just after many years of wishing-- yeah, it was my personal highlight. Additionally, I think they hit it out of the park with choosing Hooker With a Penis to open with on this tour. The song perfectly sets the tone for the rest of the show.

They played their songs quite impeccably. They must have been so excited about it being the last show, you could see how thrilled they all were. I loved their energy, it made me feel like there are plenty more great album(s) and shows to come. At least that's the hope I cling to and it gets me through my post-show blues.

Venue was decent enough. My seat was also far right of the side stage so I had a different view, sans light and laser show, but I was able to pick up on their amazing fusions while seeing them execute their craft up close and personal. Everyone should make it their pilgrimage to obtain this type seat as to watch Danny unleash his rhythmic fury. It seems to me that after only 20 years, Adam is finding his 'rock star stance'. Albeit quite trepidatiously and stealth like before he seemingly becomes too uncomfortable, or what ever. He did his fair share of head bobbing, devil horn throwing and what...smiling?! I don't recall what song it was, but during one of his bridges, he even walked atop a stage height speaker toward and into the audience area before quickly returning to his comfort zone. He's pretty fucking awesome either way, I just felt happy for him in that moment.

So my post show melancholia is running rampant but I am reminded how greatful I am that they are still performing. I feel that that speaks to their desire to create more for their fan$. I am one of those brands of Tool fans that will mortage my home again to have funds to catch as many of their shows as I can in their current cycle. There is no drug that can recreate the feeling of seeing these musicians together, jamming out the songs that are the soundtrack of your soul.

Tool World Tour 2013?! Kicks of spring/early summer, just as the new album drops - is that realistic enough?

Thank you TOOL!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #38
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

Ok, I am now well rested after my extensive travels to attend this show. It was 100% worth it! I posted a pretty scathing review/opinion of the 1/15/12 Las Vegas show I was at, but let me just clarify now that it was not Tool's fault.

Finally, I now own a coherent memory of live Pushit..I just felt like crying during the break down, partly because I couldn't believe it was happening..like in the greater sense, I mean I knew the setlist but just after many years of wishing-- yeah, it was my personal highlight. Additionally, I think they hit it out of the park with choosing Hooker With a Penis to open with on this tour. The song perfectly sets the tone for the rest of the show.

They played their songs quite impeccably. They must have been so excited about it being the last show, you could see how thrilled they all were. I loved their energy, it made me feel like there are plenty more great album(s) and shows to come. At least that's the hope I cling to and it gets me through my post-show blues.

Venue was decent enough. My seat was also far right of the side stage so I had a different view, sans light and laser show, but I was able to pick up on their amazing fusions while seeing them execute their craft up close and personal. Everyone should make it their pilgrimage to obtain this type seat as to watch Danny unleash his rhythmic fury. It seems to me that after only 20 years, Adam is finding his 'rock star stance'. Albeit quite trepidatiously and stealth like before he seemingly becomes too uncomfortable, or what ever. He did his fair share of head bobbing, devil horn throwing and what...smiling?! I don't recall what song it was, but during one of his bridges, he even walked atop a stage height speaker toward and into the audience area before quickly returning to his comfort zone. He's pretty fucking awesome either way, I just felt happy for him in that moment.

So my post show melancholia is running rampant but I am reminded how greatful I am that they are still performing. I feel that that speaks to their desire to create more for their fan$. I am one of those brands of Tool fans that will mortage my home again to have funds to catch as many of their shows as I can in their current cycle. There is no drug that can recreate the feeling of seeing these musicians together, jamming out the songs that are the soundtrack of your soul.

Tool World Tour 2013?! Kicks of spring/early summer, just as the new album drops - is that realistic enough?

Thank you TOOL!