View Single Post
ethreepeeoh
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondegreen View Post
My 5th Tool show. Definitely in the upper tier of shows I've seen, but nothing will ever touch the gig they played in 2001 at the Tabernacle.
I too was at that Tabernacle show. Me and my wife were up top for 2-3 songs then we decided to try to get on the floor... when we got down there a big space opened up and we ended up about 50 ft. from the stage. I do remember that "Opiate" made it worth standing in the block-long line for 3 hours... thanks for bringing up the memory. 2nd only to the monsoon in Birmingham a couple years later when Maynard told the fans that he appreciated everyone sticking around during the rain to see them..." I wouldn't have" he said. Then the last time I saw them in B-ham he remarked that he was glad it wasn't raining. I have MANY great memories of TOOL but overall, last night was the best show I've ever been to... period. I wish Alex Grey and the guys would get together and make a DVD... like a long docu-whatever... along the lines of the singles DVDs.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondegreen View Post
My 5th Tool show. Definitely in the upper tier of shows I've seen, but nothing will ever touch the gig they played in 2001 at the Tabernacle.
I too was at that Tabernacle show. Me and my wife were up top for 2-3 songs then we decided to try to get on the floor... when we got down there a big space opened up and we ended up about 50 ft. from the stage. I do remember that "Opiate" made it worth standing in the block-long line for 3 hours... thanks for bringing up the memory. 2nd only to the monsoon in Birmingham a couple years later when Maynard told the fans that he appreciated everyone sticking around during the rain to see them..." I wouldn't have" he said. Then the last time I saw them in B-ham he remarked that he was glad it wasn't raining. I have MANY great memories of TOOL but overall, last night was the best show I've ever been to... period. I wish Alex Grey and the guys would get together and make a DVD... like a long docu-whatever... along the lines of the singles DVDs.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote