View Single Post
EyeCu
02-09-2012, 04:29 PM

After seeing my first tool show at Red Rocks in Denver for their last tour, I felt more prepared to completely enjoy the experience. Everyone heard the comment about waiting for the acid to kick in, but during the encore Maynard replaced "learn to swim" with "learn to trip". Luckily I had a healthy dose of psilocybin flowing through my blood. This helped me to more accurately interpret the band's overall message. I feel fixed now. People listen to this man and trip at the show or you are doing it wrong. Other highlights included Maynard telling Aaron, the opener, he won because he remembered his name. Also during Ænema, Maynard slipped in "Fuck fat people". I guess he realizes that they choose to be that way. It was an amazing night and I know we want to relive the show through these reviews, but no words can adequately explain Tool live. Just go back next time, and if you are smart be at the last show of the tour in good seats tripping. (like I was last night)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

After seeing my first tool show at Red Rocks in Denver for their last tour, I felt more prepared to completely enjoy the experience. Everyone heard the comment about waiting for the acid to kick in, but during the encore Maynard replaced "learn to swim" with "learn to trip". Luckily I had a healthy dose of psilocybin flowing through my blood. This helped me to more accurately interpret the band's overall message. I feel fixed now. People listen to this man and trip at the show or you are doing it wrong. Other highlights included Maynard telling Aaron, the opener, he won because he remembered his name. Also during Ænema, Maynard slipped in "Fuck fat people". I guess he realizes that they choose to be that way. It was an amazing night and I know we want to relive the show through these reviews, but no words can adequately explain Tool live. Just go back next time, and if you are smart be at the last show of the tour in good seats tripping. (like I was last night)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote